Tweedledew's Tweedlenews part Twos

Ahoy Mateys

Here be the latest in this raggedy pirates life.

Here’s some links for context if you’re in the dark

As of a couple hours ago I’ve officially pled guilty to my charges. I was initially being charged with both possession and intent to distribute, as well as manipulation of cannabis with organic solvent under the cannabis act.

I was given a plea deal and got the solvent charged dropped. Which I accepted.

My judge was the most chill mf-er I could’ve ever hoped for. He seemed intelligent and kind, and seemed as though he genuinely didn’t want to sentence me to much. My lawyer explained afterwards that he absolutely dabbled in the devil’s lettuce, and was exactly the dude I’d want on this case.

I was supposed to have some stricter prohibition conditions, but he adjusted my curfew/house arrest to allowed to be out from 6am to 10pm everyday. So plenty of time to get into mischief.

He dropped any restrictions on lab glass and equipment, as I’m also an alcohol distiller extraordinaire, as well as allowed me to report to my probation officer via telephone call.

He finished with a mildly impassioned speech saying, while many of us can debate the philosophy and policy in place for legalization; and it’s motives and mishaps, there must be some semblance of law and regulation. The unfortunate truth of my circumstance is simply that acting outside of a regulatory framework (whether created wisely or not) has consequence. And while he may not feel personally aligned towards punishment, there are indeed rules in place.

So… I’ll be at home :slight_smile: at least at night for the next 18 months. They allow for some exceptions provided I get permissions from my supervisor.

Onto some great news though!

Our newly founded farm, resort, and distillery/Cidery… Flowerbeds Farm & Two Birds cidery is in full swing renovations and upgrades!

We’re on 18 acres in beautiful Vancouver Island. We’ve carved out 10 RV pads (to eventually be upgraded into cabins). With full hookups, water, septic, etc.

We’ve got 4 acres (currently under cover crop) slated for cut flower farming (stay tuned for our hydroponic tulip bunker!), 3 acres of cider apple and stone fruit production, plenty of forest, and coming 2023 a craft cidery and distillery with 80 seat restaurant/lounge, offsales, and tasting room.

Next year will offer full 150 person events, including weddings and retreats.

Considering a craft cannabis grow sometime into the future, but our hands are quite full for the time being.

The wife and I have spent everyday 9am to 12am farming, renovating, learning new trades and busting some serious ass to make some dreams come true!

I’ll post our Instagram once it’s up! In the meantime we’ve got tiktok, with construction progress, ducks, and more. But in the meantime please take a gander (pardon the fowl pun) at what we’ve done so far.

We’re mere minutes away from Horne Lake Caves, plenty of lakes, and incredible hiking (there’s more waterfalls than you can shake a stick at).

Thanks for the support, and happy to provide a community discount for anyone who’s interested in some time away in nature. As always feel free to reach out for cannabis and liquor consulting, happy to work (remotely!).

Cheers!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLEbpDP4/

48 Likes

Praise be to Jah mon!

10 Likes

Stepping in fecal matter and only coming out smelling like fecal matter is the best case scenario. Congratulations on getting lucky with the right judge, being a man (not rolling on anyone else) and just owning what you did. I’ve been on both sides of the getting in trouble with the law thing and the best advice I can give is to do what you are doing. Be legit and don’t do ANYTHING for the next 18 months that could violate your house arrest.

Once the monkey pox I have is gone…or whatever these lesions on my balls are…we are planning a trip to the upper left portion of the country and will have to check you guys out.

4 Likes

Fuck Yeah!!! Good for you Bro! I did 2 years house arrest, you’ll be fine at your place it sounds!

5 Likes

Epic. Would love a dedicated thread here on your farming adventures!

4 Likes

This is in Canadia, ya?

6 Likes

Congratulations on a reasonable outcome!

3 Likes

Yessir up here in loonie-ville

4 Likes

Just a few hours north of here, sounds delightful.
And you guys let me in with my British passport.
And I’m glad to hear that you got off pretty light.

6 Likes

Yeah glad your happy with the outcome even though there shouldn’t be law against it. I could see no bho at home law making it that is just bc safety reasons but ppl would do it anyways

1 Like

Glad to hear you got a fair shake from the courts!

I should totally come out there bro, I’m still beating the hell out of that edwards pump you sold me lol

If any of you get the chance, Horne Lake Caves is awesome, I highly recommend checkin those out if your in the area, There are several amazing spots inside the cave to blaze and have lunch but bring string and a flashlight cuz you can actually get lost inside lol

1 Like

Great for you. Glad you got a good deal.

1 Like

Good luck with your… Condition

2 Likes

It may sound odd, but that’s a dam good outcome. I don’t remember how much time you were facing, but I’m really glad you got a relaxed case, bad judges can fuck your life up. 18 months in the woods is actually ok. I’m really happy for you. Excited for the tales of the woods

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: we’ll absolutely get our Instagram feed up shortly, and I’ll get into some farming details as we go.

Mostly just cover crop this year and building our raised beds, greenhouse and hoop houses.

Next year we’ll shoot for a full flower season and get our orchards underway.

5 Likes

stay out of trouble. Id love to live on a property like yours and grow but canada is super strict. They gave me a hard time over small weed charges when I went there to vancouver for the hackeysack world championships.

2 Likes

Put on some clothes when you garden and you can be on youtube gardening.

2 Likes

There’s some pretty decent options now to be honest for micro growing.

Micro processing is generally unfeasible…

But we’ve got direct to consumer sales now for farm style micro grows.

1 Like

you sound like youre in a great position to have fun gardening and make money too. When you get off the paper invite the judge over for a party.

pm me your farm info, maybe canada will let me in now that weed is legal. I did steal a dirtbike too when I was 18- bad thumper. I saw some tv show and people can go to canada to work for free on farms. If you wear clothes. I still prolly gotta deal with my moms house. its on whidbey so i may be near you soon. I may just put all my stuff in a storage and do a countrywide tour to figure out where to grow weed at. also find good poker rooms