Tweedledew's Tweedlenews

Howdy friends

I’m sure many of you were waiting with bated breath to hear about my legal case :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think it’s a mild cause for celebration, but I’m staying out of jail!

The crown has offered me a (very rare) deal in a federal case. Plead guilty to possession with intent to distribute (my lawyer doesn’t think she can get me off that charge with 100s of kgs of weed & related stuff onsite). But the crown will drop my manipulation of cannabis with organic solvents (which was a bigger charge).

I’ve been offered 18 months of conditional sentencing. Basically modified house arrest, with curfew hours, weed prohibition, and reporting to a supervisor regularly. So… I’m being grounded, but on a federal level.

I will have federal charges against me, so I’m no longer able to come visit y’all in the land of the free and home of the underinsured. So that’s a bummer. Will likely face some annoyances with getting loans and stuff too.

I could’ve taken things to trial, but then would’ve had to start naming names, partnerships, and pulling others into my mess. And mama didn’t raise no damn snitch.

So, sad face… But could be much sadder. I’ve also opted to take the deal rather than potentially face jail time because…

We’re closing on a property deal with some investors this week! I will no longer be living in a 1980s RV trailer, and will have a roof over my head. We’re opening a craft cidery, distillery, flower farm, and RV/cabin/resort situation on 18 acres.

We’ll be offering wicked discounts for y’all to come visit. And providing an amazing event/party space and resort. 45min from snowboarding at Mt Washington, 2h from Tofino surfing, and steps away from dozens of lakes and hikes.

So… Some sad, some big happy.

Thank you so very much for your support in my case, emotionally, fiscally and otherwise. I sincerely appreciate very many of you, and the love you’ve shown me over the years here.

Here’s to better days ahead!

Cheers!

58 Likes

Good job not being a snitch.

Hope things are on the up for you, from here on out!

22 Likes

Congratulations!

18 Likes

Fuck the feds. You dindu nuffin by hurting people.

10 Likes

Be careful, I heard this term is racist…

3 Likes

You have a great outlook. I’m so glad that other things are going well. God bless you as you move forward.

4 Likes

And after our homey gets a lower sentence, I’m glad identity politics didn’t play into it as far as we know. Free everyone for victimless crimes.

4 Likes

Ask for an ankle monitor, you will get more pussy.

7 Likes

“Jewelry”

3 Likes

Right on my friend glad to hear that you are gonna stay from behind bars that’s never fun.
Salute for not being a snitch certainly a real one for that my dude thank you. Congrats on the cidery/ distillery and RV Park, I hope that turns out well for you!

Bummer about not being able to come down to the States because you got an F on your record card. It’s the same for me I can’t come up to Canada because I’ve got a big F on mine as well for cannabis back in the day so welcome to the club lol it’s not the end of the world.

Since I can’t come visit your cool establishment, if I can help with some funds and you are ever down to help with some distillation tips I would totally be up for that. I’m kicking myself for not taking advantage of that deal to basically help set up a distillery back when this was going down.

Keep your head up my friend everything will turn out OK I’ve got a great feeling especially since everything is already heading in a great direction when it could of went sour as a lemon !

6 Likes

I was pressured to give information while I was locked up. My response was “where’s my attorney, and why are you speaking to me regarding the case without my attorney present?”
Shut them up pretty quick, no more questions were asked. I spent a few years under their thumb. Keep your nose clean, act professional, and at the end of the day its better than the alternative. I tried to communicate with them in writing whenever possible, keep good records.

6 Likes

My other piece of advice it to complete any additional requirements outside of the time as fast as possible. Pay your fines/restitution, complete your community service ect as fast as possible. It seemed a fell lower on their radar when the only thing i had left was time.

8 Likes

Congrats brother

2 Likes

Salute to you for taking it like a man and owning it and not passing the buck. Congrats on the new venture.

10 Likes

Congrats. No jail time is a big deal imo.

7 Likes

Glad to hear your staying out of the clink! :facepunch: Solid.

5 Likes

I think whether you know it or not, that is quite landmark, I hope you a safe and healthy transition.

4 Likes

Good on you.

“I don’t want to talk about my day. Am I being detained? Am I free to go?”

Works for me every time.

3 Likes