Turning THC & CBD Water Soluble

that was the missing piece. thanks.

I think it’s a long shot.
One that may simply lead to sweet snot :wink:

I don’t think huffing (vaping/smoking) ones meds is a particularly brilliant idea…but it has two primary advantages over edibles. immediacy and ease of titration. the ease of titration is primarily due to the immediacy.

GW Pharmaceuticals chose to go with an oral mucosal spray, and my recollection is they have fairly rapid uptake. I’d have to go read again to be sure.

You might have some success using Emu oil as a carrier and delivering as a nasal spray. I don’t know how a nanoemulsion behaves across mucous membranes, but suspect that you’d have much better bio-availability with the nanoemulsion than a maltodextrin based preparation. I’m not even willing to speculate on how a cyclodextrin based powder would perform.

The southern route brings rapid onset…

I agree, suppositories are in order.
snorting a substance like sugar can lead to bacterial/fungal infections. Not to mention that snorting a powder into damaged airways isn’t the answer to smoking.Dmso anyone…

edit…don’t snort dmso!

1 Like

@cyclopath @Soxhlet Yeah perhaps not sugar then , however if I have a water soluble solution thats concentrated enough, it should at least somewhat be bio available through the mucus membrames.

Do any of you guys have a suggestion on the process/recipe for making a nasal spray solution then? The new goal now is to have a THC water soluble solution I can spray up my nose, so basically a very very water soluble solution so it can absorb?

Thanks for great feedback

I am very content with dmso tinctures .
Don t see them often or am i not looking ?

dmso is not good to consume, look at the msds dmso msds.pdf (51.5 KB)

1 Like

Here is a link to “the” Suppositories thread :wink:

1 Like

Knowledge.

Mkay im just gunna put this out there. 1 to 5 ratio of MCT oil powder to distillate so 1 gram of distillate 5 grams of mct powder. Then just mash it all together in a mortar and pestle until it is homogeneous. I think degradation is going to be an issue as soon as you mix this with what ever you want to dissolve it into. So keep the powder separate in a sachet or something until its ready to be used. Instant CBD coconut water is the bomb.

1 Like

So if the MCT/disty powder can’t dissolve in water then what do you do with it? You can’t drink it or snort it I’m guessing…or can you.

1 Like

It does dissolve in water. Pretty well actually. Let me mix some up here in a bit ill post some pics. The ingredients of the powder I use are: MCT, Maltodextrin, and Sodium Caseinate. So if i had to guess these ingredients aid in the solubility of the whole mixture.

2 Likes

Yeah i’ve never used malto because of health risks associated with frequent consumption, but if you dissolved some into a shot of water and drank it (empty stomach) How fast is the onset, and is it like an edible high (super tired etc…) or like a smoking bud high (preferable) ?

Ah never done it with THC I’m currently in a strictly CBD state right now. But I would assume the effects with THC in this scenario would be similar to an edible just because of how its being consumed. Assuming your using a fully decarbed concentrate.

No need to decarb distillate bro. And I believe its way easier to keep cbd as a stable powder, thc is a tough one. :confused:

1 Like

I assume you mean emulsified mct oil? not just fractionated.

1 Like

nope. just cannabinoids in fractionated coconut oil (MCT) at 10-500mg/ml.

it floats, but with milk fats in there, and a wee stir, it’s still a pretty effective mode of administration. the more concentrated your tincture, the less you need, and the better it homogenizes. there are definitely loses to the sides of the cup, I just up the dose slightly to compensate.

at 500mg/ml, you can also use it for vape’ing, although I don’t recommend it. people do look at you funny if you open your vape pen and pour the juice into your latte.

3 Likes

I don’t think this response will be Earth shattering since it appears the interest for most people here is to make the compounds water soluble for oral/nasal/(insert general body orifice)/etc. use.

However, there is a technique that would be viable to make these compounds water soluble. By mixing the compounds in a basic environment (a pH of at least 10.6) they will form their aqueous salt complexes. This would by definition make water soluble extracts. But no one will be drinking that water due to its bacisity.

I’m sure the safest method to “water soluble CBD/THC” is by adding appropriate surfactants and mixing it in a blender (for those of us who can’t afford sonicators). As to what surfactants would be used, I’m not particularly versed in this area of Chemistry.

2 Likes

5ml homogenized agave nectar to 12 oz lemonade is the best i’ve come up with for my lemonades. i’ve pretty much given up as it comes out of solution and needs to be shaken daily to go back in. doesn’t stick to the bottle which is good but it leaves much to be desired for me

edit: i’m doing 200mg per 5ml. or 20g distillate to 500ml agave

3 Likes

Try Cyclodextrin @TheDarkStallion

6 Likes

Sorry I’ve been out if the loop. I have a basic recipe for emulsion. 5% cbd/thc extract, 5% surfectant (suitable HBL value) 5-10% carrier oil, the rest is water. Quillaja Saponin is a bery effective natural surfectant and I just got a kilo so have plenty to sell in at cost if anyone needs. The issue with emulsions is needing preservatives due to water content. Currently researching natural ones. For basic oil meds just use 10% extract and 10% liquid sunflower lecithin in MCT or oilve oil and blend on high for a minute. Making actual oil in water emulsions is turning out to be way harder than i thought. Stick with oil only unless you have or want a basic education in chemistry.

2 Likes

This doesn’t really make sense to me or am i missing something? how does 100mg oil and an equal amount of d-limonene = a tablespoon which is approx 15ml or 15000mg?

Can someone clarify?