Trying to make gummy edibles

Simple solution.

Just use plain sugar after a few days drying. That or malic acid + sugar.

This could work depending on formula. Sugar coat can end up melting the same as sour.

i understand but like i said depends on what kind you use all i care about is it working and it works. and when it comes to making 10,000 pieces in one day by hand in less then 8 hours one might be better like i said depends on what you are doing but thank you for the sop.

Yup. I think the ticket is to dry out then sugar at low humidity. Maybe pack at low humidity too?

I can do 10,000 pieces in about 45 minutes start to finish with my SOP. I’m not a fan of it but it does test out 99% of the time.

1 Like

send to me please

and are they like trolles and sour patch kids what about skittles and starburst you have sop on all them? thats what i need

Nothing on hard candies sorry, just gummies. I’ll give you a hint, atomization & a calculated overage of the active ingredient. No nasty solvents to purge either.

1 Like

@Killa12345 has also posted a hard candy sop.

You may want to set aside a few hrs and read and level up.

I’m not trying to be an ass, but reading will get you to the next level faster than iv bag feeding

6 Likes

@Xtractorman linked it already and @MillerliteRN wrote it but this is the one you want:

I’m usually not the guy to beat the search bar horse but if you haven’t found the thread I just linked you, it might save a lot of time and effort to search and read versus experimenting. Get that read time up

2 Likes

You’re using a hygroscopic acid, citric acid will pull water from the gummies and pull water from the air leading to a gradual wetting of the surfaces of your gummies. I would recommend using a mixture of powdered sugar, cornstarch and fumaric acid as fumaric acid will not attract water to or from your product, thus eliminating slimy/wet surfaces on your candies while keeping them from sticking to one another.

1 Like

@SmokinSupply If you have any questions, feel free to DM us. Disclaimer: we sell Gummy SOPs but if you’re just looking for some pointers/clarifying questions on your current recipe, we’re happy to assist. That goes for anyone.

1 Like

Dust em with dextrose?

No wonder my 6 year old recipe gummies are still dank as F. Compared to others.

Reach out i can help with a professional recipe. No cheap ingredients no bubbles shelf stable. End product is identical to gummies you can find in store. Great mouthfeel. There could be a few factors causing the moisture im glad to help

1 Like

1 Like

Develop a hybrid pectin/gelatin recipe, that would probably set you apart in terms of SOPs for sale

I’ll give you a hint. Using certain gelatin products can reduce the amount of water in your recipe.

1 Like

Got this recipe off of here, and I can coat these gummies with citric acid and sugar 4 hours after pouring into moulds.

1 Like

Edit: didn’t realize it wasn’t a question