Trs21 vs tr21

I know the trs is the sparkless model, but I’m wondering if there is a difference mechanically between the two?

Does the trs just have a spark less motor? They look identical to each other but the product catalogue says that the tr21 isn’t rated for use with flammable refrigerants.

3 Likes

I think except for some glue on the contacts and a rocker switch on the trs they the same. Anyone can correct me if I’m wrong

1 Like

I tried to ask CPS the difference between the two models and their response was basically “Dont use either for extracting CBD oil.”

I didn’t mention using it for extracting so they probably get emails like that all the time. When I tried to ask a follow up question they didn’t reply lol.

4 Likes

I have both in my graveyard. I tore them both down many times any they are near identical. Mine always leaked quick. That company that’s modding them look cool I’d prolly go with those guys if I wanted a pump and that pump was a trs. I run passive tho. I need to liquidate my graveyard…

4 Likes

Did you know what the name of the company is? Or what modifications they’re doing to them?

I’ve seen the aftermarket piston kits available for them, is that what you’re talking about?

They really said don’t use either?

I have a trs-21 I was hoping to put to use soon.

Main solvent recovery will be all passive with the trs-21 solely being used to recovery the material columns

4 Likes

Yea, they said not to use either pump.

Do you think id fuck this tr-21 up by trying to use it to distill desiel? If I was able to maintain pressure?

Those fuckers say it’s good with class A3 refrigerants which should cover propane and butane

3 Likes

I know, it says its good for butane, propane, and isobutane right here too.

I think they just don’t want to tell someone something and they blow themselves up.

3 Likes

From a liability standpoint this makes a lot of sense

4 Likes

Just linking these threads

4 Likes

If you get a chance, would you mind sending me a picture of the glue on the contacts on the trs21 you’ve got in your graveyard?

I’m wanting to put glue on my contacts but don’t know if I’m going about it the right way.