Active Recovery With Refrigerant Pump

Would you trust your life on that “mod”?

Doesn’t sound worth it to me especially on an 800$ pump

5 Likes

The tr21 has a removable power cord. Start it up and unplug it.

Don’t remember if the cord is permanently attached on the trs21. Should be. Either way it has a plug on it within a couple of feet, so it’s not actually appropriate for the task, it was just the best we could find at the time.

There should be Haskell’s looking for new owners around here…

2 Likes

So the power cord is the difference in the two?

No that’s most likely just the noticeable difference

3 Likes

If the “fix” your buddy applied did not include glueing the power cord in, it is not fixed.

You can demonstrate that by

2 Likes
2 Likes

This helped a lot, one love

2 Likes

So this is the mod he was talking about, have you ever seen it?

I use trs 21 that’s rated for r600

1 Like

Kit does nothing to address “sparkless”.

@420guy ok, now tell us the difference between the Trs21 and the tr21.

Hint; it has to do with sources of ignition

1 Like

Trs 21 is supposedly sparkless and rated for butane

Iv used tr 21 but it’s not rated for r600.

Iv used both but the trs 21 is technically rated for butane vapor. Not liquid tho. The thing will shake like crazy if passing liquid

1 Like

Here is oem refrigerant/pump model matrix

Oem lists trs21 as “ignition proof” here.

Point is OP has tr21 not trs21, upgrading the cylinders does nothing (little, claims to leak less) to address ignition.

Challenge accepted lol

Yeah my bad. I was looking at tr21. (Doh!)

https://www.tequipment.net/CPS/TR21/Refrigerant-Recovery-Machines/ (not oem)

Oem DOES list r600 (&r290) (see matrix above)

Which doesn’t change suitability of OP,s TR21

I used the tr21 for years and actually less rebuilds

Just trs has the “sparkless” and no brass fittings. The brass does start doing some weird corrosion thing

1 Like

Oem doesn’t recommend it…glad it wasn’t a problem in your world. Doesn’t mean it’s a good idea.

It’s not about the brass.

Eg: what happens if you trip over the cord while it’s running (leaking, like they tend to)

1 Like

I recommended the trs lol. I set myself up idiot proof lol had worked so far :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure the trs21 is rated for liquid transfer… I’ve definitely used them that way before and did my research before hand (at the time) don’t disagree that it shakes like crazy when initially switching over from pulling vapor to pulling liquid

2 Likes

They shake like crazy if liquid passes thru. U will shit ur pants the first time it does it and it there

I used to have 2 of them manifolded together as liquid transfer pumps on the bottomed of a bffe. They did shake and make a loud noise but only right when it switched from pumping vapor to liquid .also found this in the manual

I had to double check my past selfs research

2 Likes