Trs21 vs cmep vs passive

I’m pretty sure you don’t want your coil before the pump. As pumps work better for vapor, you want your coil after your pump. I think @Concentrated_humbold was talking about this in a recent thread.

1 Like

Ya you want it after the pump to cool and condense the vapor/liquid mix prior going into your tank. I have seen frostwd over trs21’s from people pushing sub zero solvent, but I WOULD NOT recommend it even though moat pumps do have a vapor rate and liquid rate.

4 Likes

This is along the lines of what I found in the old post ppl saying not to do it because it’s not the norm but anyone have actual recovery speed numbers or info on why it would be a bad idea. The trs21 has pretty good liquid transfer rates and the guide has setup options for direct liquid and pulling gas and liquid at the same time.
My line of thinking is pumps are generally seen as a choke point in the system But a frozen coil before the pump would get the gas passively running and condensing then the pump pulls it through as a liquid runs through another coil To remove any pump heat then into a frozen recovery tank.

I’m probably gonna end up trying it but was curious if anyone else had or if my line of thinking makes sense. I tend to overthink things

3 Likes

Hey @GrimmBeard, did you ever end up running two coils? (before and after)
Also, what are your thoughts on running these pumps in series? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, and to be honest I haven’t done much research into these pumps capabilities. Thought about putting our new 4cyl BVV pump after our cmep to see if having the 4cyl on liquid only could speed things up.

You got one of those pumps from bvv? Have you ran it yet

Having issues with it so far, check the thread:

Will update here once we hear back from BVV