Trs21 vs cmep vs passive

Why do it passive when I can use liquid and vapor mvp and still use in a certified lab?

Don’t dismiss passive. You are only limited by heat exchanger surface area and chiller size

I think the Luna recovers passive at around 3 lbs a minute but don’t quote me. I just know it’s considerably more than a lb a min.

1 Like

Did you ever het that spec sheet about the 29psi inlet max pressure. They were gonna sell me a 710 model just wanyed 28k and no one ive seen has ran one and havent heard any reviews

Ok and how much does that cost per run to recover?

It’s a chiller and a tube and shell so there isn’t any consumable use like for dry ice.

Are you asking how much electricity it uses?

2 Likes

Nope you answered. And how much do you have into your recovery setup? Im at 3500… Not bad for a lb every min imo…
Your atleast at 10k with a mvp and compressor. Another 5k atleast for a good chiller. No clue what a tube in shell costs. But lets just say your at $16000 total for your recovery. And you say you get 3 lbs a min. Never seen a mvp do that but ok. So lets say you do 3 lbs a min. So for $16000 you get 3 lbs a min or for $3500 you get 1 lb per min. The cmeps are a better bang per $. For 7k you get 2 lbs a min and $10,5k you get 3. Hell for for 14k now your going faster then your setup for less at 4 lbs a min The cmeps may not fit your needs. But they are far from shit.

1 Like

As soon as I can put one in a certified lab instead of a garage I’ll read your paragraph

I’m not a trapper. I’m not in my garage or some shady warehouse in downtown LA. I need stuff I can put in labs some chad spent a million on.

2 Likes

Good for you? Doesnt change the fact that your bashing a pump that outperforms what you use per $

And i HAVE seen these it certified labs multiple times.
Its comical you think im a garage trapper lmfao. Ive run multiple facilities

1 Like

It will never outperform anything I ever use because I cant use it where I use extraction equipment

I have had so much ptsd from those fucking pumps I can bash whatever I want :grinning:

I remember slanging them in 2015. Whole pallets of duds. Every problem in the book. Shredded bearings. Scary af. It was a low point in extraction tech.

If you want to count dollars over lbs go get 4 trs21.

4 Likes

4 trs 21s. Been there. Slower then 2 cmeps and costs over 4 times as much in dry ice to keep it cold as trs21s run hot as hell. So running 4 trs actually costs significantly more per run

Buddy ive done the math on every recovery option basically. Im telling you what the best bang per $ is.
Its already outperformed you you dont have to run them. It just is what it is

4 Likes

$100 in dry ice i can do 4 or more 2lb runs, quietly
I definitely see the benefits of pumps, esp at scale
Maybe I will try this trs ive had sitting here for 6 months Idk

I recover 12+ lbs of solvent in 10 minutes, so I don’t see where a pump will help me though?
$200 in upgrades

1 Like

Ya scale that up lol. I run 10-20 lb systems.

Not even hating on passive. On the small scale its hard to beat. Id even go as far as to tell you to sell your trs. That will never help you. On a 2lb system recovery pumps dont make sense

1 Like

I hear ya, passive can work at scale too
Just my experience in my trap :joy:
I wish I could run some active just to have that experince

1 Like

If your getting 12. Lbs in 10 min throw that trs to the nearest bidder lol.
Those are like 2 min per lb pumps

2 Likes

I thought maybe us the trs for distilling gas, just to do it

I have room to go faster
I haven’t opened it all the way up, It goes

1 Like

Ive always thought distilling gas is better passive(although i do active). Isnt theres heavy hydrocarbons you don’t want to get thats why we stay low temp for that?
A pump will suck all hydrocarbons but leave the mystery oils

2 Likes

Manufacturer says that will only sell to countries that do not have a distributor. Any inquiry from a country that has a distributor or factory shop will get referred to them for purchase.

Is this the chiller you use on your bizzy set up? Or multiples?

I use lc02 and ln2 for cooling on my bizzybee.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using a coil before the pump so you’re recovering in a liquid state? I found one thread on it from 2018 with no real answers other than the guy said it seemed to be working. the Trs21 is rated for liquid at a much faster than gas transfer rate just wondering if anyone tried and if it helped recovery speeds.

1 Like