Trs21 vs cmep vs passive

Good for you? Doesnt change the fact that your bashing a pump that outperforms what you use per $

And i HAVE seen these it certified labs multiple times.
Its comical you think im a garage trapper lmfao. Ive run multiple facilities

1 Like

It will never outperform anything I ever use because I cant use it where I use extraction equipment

I have had so much ptsd from those fucking pumps I can bash whatever I want :grinning:

I remember slanging them in 2015. Whole pallets of duds. Every problem in the book. Shredded bearings. Scary af. It was a low point in extraction tech.

If you want to count dollars over lbs go get 4 trs21.

4 Likes

4 trs 21s. Been there. Slower then 2 cmeps and costs over 4 times as much in dry ice to keep it cold as trs21s run hot as hell. So running 4 trs actually costs significantly more per run

Buddy ive done the math on every recovery option basically. Im telling you what the best bang per $ is.
Its already outperformed you you dont have to run them. It just is what it is

4 Likes

$100 in dry ice i can do 4 or more 2lb runs, quietly
I definitely see the benefits of pumps, esp at scale
Maybe I will try this trs ive had sitting here for 6 months Idk

I recover 12+ lbs of solvent in 10 minutes, so I don’t see where a pump will help me though?
$200 in upgrades

1 Like

Ya scale that up lol. I run 10-20 lb systems.

Not even hating on passive. On the small scale its hard to beat. Id even go as far as to tell you to sell your trs. That will never help you. On a 2lb system recovery pumps dont make sense

1 Like

I hear ya, passive can work at scale too
Just my experience in my trap :joy:
I wish I could run some active just to have that experince

1 Like

If your getting 12. Lbs in 10 min throw that trs to the nearest bidder lol.
Those are like 2 min per lb pumps

2 Likes

I thought maybe us the trs for distilling gas, just to do it

I have room to go faster
I haven’t opened it all the way up, It goes

1 Like

Ive always thought distilling gas is better passive(although i do active). Isnt theres heavy hydrocarbons you don’t want to get thats why we stay low temp for that?
A pump will suck all hydrocarbons but leave the mystery oils

2 Likes

Manufacturer says that will only sell to countries that do not have a distributor. Any inquiry from a country that has a distributor or factory shop will get referred to them for purchase.

Is this the chiller you use on your bizzy set up? Or multiples?

I use lc02 and ln2 for cooling on my bizzybee.

1 Like

Has anyone tried using a coil before the pump so you’re recovering in a liquid state? I found one thread on it from 2018 with no real answers other than the guy said it seemed to be working. the Trs21 is rated for liquid at a much faster than gas transfer rate just wondering if anyone tried and if it helped recovery speeds.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you don’t want your coil before the pump. As pumps work better for vapor, you want your coil after your pump. I think @Concentrated_humbold was talking about this in a recent thread.

1 Like

Ya you want it after the pump to cool and condense the vapor/liquid mix prior going into your tank. I have seen frostwd over trs21’s from people pushing sub zero solvent, but I WOULD NOT recommend it even though moat pumps do have a vapor rate and liquid rate.

4 Likes

This is along the lines of what I found in the old post ppl saying not to do it because it’s not the norm but anyone have actual recovery speed numbers or info on why it would be a bad idea. The trs21 has pretty good liquid transfer rates and the guide has setup options for direct liquid and pulling gas and liquid at the same time.
My line of thinking is pumps are generally seen as a choke point in the system But a frozen coil before the pump would get the gas passively running and condensing then the pump pulls it through as a liquid runs through another coil To remove any pump heat then into a frozen recovery tank.

I’m probably gonna end up trying it but was curious if anyone else had or if my line of thinking makes sense. I tend to overthink things

3 Likes

Hey @GrimmBeard, did you ever end up running two coils? (before and after)
Also, what are your thoughts on running these pumps in series? Sorry if that’s a stupid question, and to be honest I haven’t done much research into these pumps capabilities. Thought about putting our new 4cyl BVV pump after our cmep to see if having the 4cyl on liquid only could speed things up.

You got one of those pumps from bvv? Have you ran it yet

Having issues with it so far, check the thread:

Will update here once we hear back from BVV