Tricks of the trade

That’s cheap as hell! I just paid 28.00 for 1gal of 34% 4 days ago

3 Likes

Hence why I loaded the fuck up. Lmao

3 Likes

So I recently purchased a used 1 1/2 hp ecoplus commercial chiller. It had some jerry rigged crap in place of the normal fittings (which are also crap imo) that needed to be replaced with something…

So come to find out 1” pvc works in place of the standard fitting kit. I had to drill out the large black nut with a taper bit to widen it for the 1” pvc, after that it went together like a dream. Definitely been trying to find a replacement for the OG fitting kit for several years, but it’s never gotten my full attention. Out of necessity, I finally got it.

13 Likes

That’s awesome. Yeah those factory fittings are total shit

6 Likes

When your stir bar fails halfway through the run just put your jbl next to the mantel and blast pop smoke - (EXPLICIT) Best of Pop Smoke, Playlist/Mix Compilation (Music Tribute) - YouTube

5 Likes

When handling 34% hydrogen peroxide, wear gloves.

:fire: :fire:

30 Likes

Turned your hand from green to white?

3 Likes

I’d you are looking for a good cooler for dry ice look no further. This is hands down the best cooler for dry ice I’ve ever found both in durability and how long it holds dry ice.

Rotomolded and injected (like yeti), wheels, freezer style gasket, dry ice tote style closure, metal reinforced corners with padlock opening ( perfect for fresh frozen transport) all for a like 40% less than a comparable yeti that lacks wheels and reinforced corners.

14 Likes

How much dry ice fits in them?

3 Likes

110 quarts exactly.

2 Likes

pretty sure thats the amount of water it holds which isn’t the same volume in dry ice…

2 Likes

Yo this worked for me thanks @Thetetraguy!!

4 Likes

Sweet! How much was the discount?

4 Likes

Dunno they didn’t say I didn’t ask but I will next time.

3 Likes

in my experience dry ice sublimates and my cooler is like a 5 day or whatever but you dont want to be storing it in a cooler long. My 5 day cooler lasts about 1.5 days of dry ice. One run on the way back from stores, and one the next day. I could do 3 but im lazy. I only grab 50 lb of dI, it would be hard to move 100 into my car. Im sure my cooler could hold 150 lbs but I cant move it. I used to work at ups and that was the max weight. Now im a pussy. It looks goofy when i show up to the dry ice pace and fill my lambo with a cooler of dry ice. gamestop wrap on lambo for the win!

3 Likes

Use multiple cheap coolers for transport and pickup, then dump into the insulated badass one, dont try and transport that fucker its like 40lbs already without DI in it lol
Then when u go to sleep or not using it, put towels over the dry ice before closing the lid :call_me_hand:
The insulated coolers are badass, i went from DI lastinf 2 days to over a week. I do pick up about 180lbs at a time (3x 60lb coolers)

9 Likes

Im still scared to tell them why I need it. Some places ask others dont. Someone here said welding and when I google it there isnt alot of dry ice welding references. Im thinking of saying fiting bearings into bike frames since thats something im familiar with at least. I brought a wook to get nitrogen and he started referring to the tank as a nitrous tank and then the store was looking at me sideways saying they can turn down nitrogen if I seems sketch.

1 Like

when I buy it in 50 lbs of 10 lb slabs its a small cube of dry ice. Going back and forth is the last thing I would consider because the driving back and forth. I see you werent saying go back and forth but just multiple coolers. im paranoid and always thinking they know what im using it for so ive never bought a bunch over and over. i have like 5 local dry ice suppliers.

I hope you are serious.

Gained a lot of respect for you if you are.

2 Likes

Dry ice filled Lambo-rolla?
Lol

2 Likes