Tricks of the trade

I like to use large zip lock bags as sep funnels when my funnel is not here.

I like to use an equalized dropping funnel as a soxhlet

funnel on flask then condenser on top of funnel the tap is open and the vapor goes up the
equalizing tube and then condenses in the funnel and drops back down through the funnel
holding the substance to be drenched.
it then drips back into the flask to start again.
I put filter paper in the funnel to stop the solids running into the flask.

I like to use a dual funnel system to dry solvents and do reactions in dry solvent

I set up the equalized funnel as above and put zeolite in it.
I then use a sep funnel with a fitting on the bottom to drop the reagents into the
dry solvent when its already at reaction temp through the second neck.

this allows me to keep my zeolite clean and pure to not effect reaction with zeolite breakdown
and means I can time my reaction better as I am starting at the right temp and not building
to the temp making for unknown reaction times.

6 Likes

Hire someone to put it in and take it out of the tube.

27 Likes

What’s the wages? Cant make ends meet, in a restaraunt functioning at half capacity. :pensive: lol not lol

Toll tube emptying, I’ll even rerun just in case you missed something haha

3 Likes

No doubt, hate doing that. Love doing it with an air compressor though

5 Likes

Lovin the new profile pic​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Saw the box on the side of the road, ive seen some weird shit but this was in its own category

3 Likes

So much easier to have someone around to do just the easy things so you can get work done

7 Likes

Can’t say this enough to people. 2 people blasting together is far safer and efficient then someone working alone. If you’re working alone, hire a homie for the day to be there with yah. He could save your life.

20 Likes

I’ve had several break all the way around he cell and keep vaping

What if ur in an area where this is a no way… it’s me alone moonshining, maybe my gf throws dry ice in the cooler for me
Rack.mountinf was gonna be my 2md set hands , holding the rig and keeping up w time. Unloading and loading, I don’t trust just anyone for this…

It’s me or no one

8 Likes

Yeah, having help is nice but only if they’re competent to do so. Lol sometimes it’s definitely best if they just stay out of the way.

6 Likes

How I am …back off I’ll.do it right way faster

.I gotta get outta that mantality

6 Likes

Your workload is probably far smaller scale than mine or @Concentrated_humbold, right? Having your old lady top off the dry ice whenever she sees it, is a great deal of help itself. And getting everything mounted will save you so much effort

9 Likes

for searching journals I have found a nice way to do so.

I am at the moment downloading and uploading the journals of american botany.

to do this I use the site function on google rather than actually searching in wileys database.

this is the command

site:https://bsapubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/ cannabinoid

choose a journal you wish to search and then just add the site: with the url of the journal to the start of your search and you will get only results from that journal.

3 Likes

Same here …
For me its all about ropes, pulleys, scaffolding.
The last grow room i had to take apart … ( 3 weeks ago )
all of the A/C is 150kg+
In the past i was involved in a hit and run while riding my motorbike it broke my left hip, femur, tibia, fibia, ankle, both knees, both collar bones. lol
So now working alone and moving heavy things is all down to engineering and safe working practice … Here’s some pics.

It took me 12 days to dismantle everything…
Has anyone here ever seen water cooled A/C ? It works by using the swimming pool as a heat sink and then a chiller/heater before the water returns back to the AC.

3 Likes

This is another reason i work alone … If im going to work with someone, they have to be as competent as me if not more. Otherwise someone will certainly get hurt / burnt / electrocuted lolo

5 Likes

Best trick I ever learned.

1 Like

He’s not operating the equipment just yet. Helping add and remove nitrogen while I run the valves. Cleaning the equipment between runs, cleaning pans and tools, swapping out material, and just litte things that take up my entire day. Without him I would have days far longer than they should be, or there would be days that I would have to break down and clean everything and not get a run done. I completely know what you mean though, it’s hard to have someone else touch the equipment when they don’t have as much time with clamps and fittings, with knowing how to treat em.

6 Likes

A lot of times it’s helpful to have a second person in the room just to catch the little stuff. Especially when you work long days, it’s easy for even a very experienced operator to leave a valve open or a switch off. But ultimately, any system should have exactly ONE person responsible for it’s operation. The biggest mistakes happen when two people both think the other one is doing something they’re not

9 Likes

I have had my mother help me a few times for similar things, she is 65 now … ( also she is always curios about bho, its her favorite thing to smoke )

4 Likes