Tricks of the trade

So I’m gonna go outside and go rip down that male plant and put it inside two trash bags.

I guess don’t grow male plants no matter what. :octopus:.

2 Likes

EDIT: I AM A FUCKING IDIOT AND JUST RIPPED OUT THE MALE PLANT AND DOUBLE BAGGED IT.

I AM SORRY FOR SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT GROWING MALE PLANTS. UNLESS YOU’RE AN EXPERIENCED GROWER IN THE CORRECT ENVIRONMENT AND PLAN ON UTILIZING IT FOR BREEDING PURPOSES THEN CUT IT DOWN.

Thank You guys for letting me know how far and how fast that pollen can spread :octopus: I had no idea. Makes sense though.

Now the neighbors rose bush will be the target of the bees.

Goodbye bumblebuddies :pensive:.

1 Like

Grow some poppies man. If the bees get into those, they won’t be going anywhere soon :joy:

4 Likes

Nahhhh.

I’ll grow sunflowers and tomatoes next year.

1 Like

its all good everyones gotta learn sometime, and there are plenty of other awesome plants to grow for the bees

5 Likes

…no really.

It’s a cute trick.

4 Likes

5 lbs of the SS tumbing media is maaaaybe 1/2 a liter in volume :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yep, not win…might work well for cleaning nasty boiling flasks, if you’re into that sort of thing

1 Like

Finding yourself constantly swapping CRC columns cuz the bio you’re running is ahem kinda dark?

14 Likes

boyyyyy that is sexy :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks! Love doing this stuff, when I’m not rushed. It’s time consuming measuring, reaming, swaging, planning assembly so as not to put anything in a bind. So satisfying when it all comes together…

4 Likes

Beautiful work !
Yet at the same time I wonder how high is the powder stack inside these tubes ?
Or is it a different material that is used to remediate ( beads , sieves ?)

2 Likes

They’re full 36” of media. We just use CRX/CRY so we run multiple socks through it, how long it takes to wipe one column out depends on bio quality, of course. One could put basically anything in them, though. Or swap for smaller sections loaded with whatever.

4 Likes

Damn that crude needs help
Cool runnings thou and thank you for the insight

1 Like

lol yes, some of it does for sure

2 Likes

Very impressed with the hot water lines running through the bead bath. What do you typically use it for?

1 Like

If you’re able to use stainless mixing bowls that have air tight lids for making diamonds, then check out tj max or Burlington coat factory or places like that first for them because they could end up being as low as 5$ for a 4 pack of tiny airtight stainless prep bowls.

2 Likes

We use the stainless food trays from restaurant supply stores and usually they have a polycarbonate lid that u can buy separately.
The polycarbonate is safe to use with pentane.

This allows u to more carefully place your seeds and theres lots of surface area for heat contact. And they also fit 4 across perfectly on a shelf with one of those big heat mats. (The standard 2x4 wire rack)
We can get about 20 kilos growing diamonds per rack comfortably.

It doesnt come out to as cheap as yours, but it does give it sort of a proffesional look, that can get alot done, if u know what your doing.

10 Likes

Even with little to no heat, at room temp they’d off gas with a lid that isn’t sealed at a good rate, too. Nice to put it in a closed cabinet of sorts and have a way to recover the pentane instead of losing it all

4 Likes

You guys are crystallizing THCA in stainless steel? In my experience that was way harder than crystallizing in glass… Guess I will have to keep investigating.