Tri-Clamp Column Rack?

My daughter welded this rack together for me. $100 for 25’ of 2”x2” plus wheels sand paper,

paint. And some odd and ends from Lowe’s. Under $200+ a Saturday.

30 Likes

Your daughter is a fucking gangster. That is awesome she built your rack. Proud dad moment?

22 Likes

Yea she’s the best. I wish I was that smart at 14 years old.

15 Likes

Now I know what skill I’ll have my daughter learn to do in 12 years! One skill I’ve yet to learn. Epic!

1 Like

Your daughter is 14 and producing quality work like that? Sir…that is very impressive.

What welding processes is she familiar with? Is she learning this in school?

5 Likes

Whaaaaat?! 14?! Good work! Bright future ahead of herself for sure @Midnightoil congrats

3 Likes

Wild. I know some 30 year old men who don’t know how to make ramen noodles.

10 Likes

Thanks. She uses the MIG machine at my work. They don’t teach kids important skills at her school. That’s up to Mom and Dad. We do own a nice Miller Wildcat 200 from my old business, but she hasn’t tried stick welding yet. We will probably stainless next.

9 Likes

Terrpextractors sells those column clamps on their website.

1 Like

I learned to tig weld by myself…seeking the guidance of old timers at welding supply outfits for the oil field on my hour long lunch breaks. You learn where you can when you have the desire…

Get that girl a tig machine…she’ll be gainfully employed by 18. She is learning valuable skills that can feed her and a family. I’m sure it is a reflection of the parenting she is receiving. Good on you my man.

7 Likes

I want a rack but dont want to pay bvv for their cheap ass one. I already got one and didnt like how flimsy it looked.

Anyone supplying these still?

1 Like

I have a couple OSS racks I’m looking to get rid of, I liked them a lot.

3 Likes

Where are you located @greggoose710

Santa Cruz

1 Like

Hfs rack is like 250

1 Like

How many bays on the rack?

What do you mean by bay? They are just single racks, you can outfit it millions of ways depending on what you’re using it for. the one they have on their website. I was mounting 6 4x48’s on each one.

1 Like

Like some racks can hang 2 columns per side. 4 total = 4 bays.
If you mounted 6 columns with no more room the its 6

How much do you want for it /them

They only make one size rack, unless you could get one custom made. I’m not sure… I have 3 of em shoot me an offer