Tri-Clamp Column Rack?

Hi I am looking for a rack to mount my 2" tri-clamp column and my 2" tri-clamp dewaxing column on. I am trying to mount them so that way I can make it so that it blasts into a hose into a collection base rather than me having to lift it. I just want to have to lift the base not the whole extractor. Lol my back kinda sucks.

got a welder?

2 Likes

That answer leads me to believe I should build my won

6 Likes

Own**

1 Like

Open Source Steel sells a rack that may interest you. It is MUCH cheaper to just contact a metalworker and have them weld one together. I’d still look towards Open Source Steel for the fittings that allow you to mount onto the rack.

4 Likes

Yeah a decent rack from extractor company set you back a grand…

Some metal and welder,$150

2 Likes

start with a sketch, measure and layout the components.wheels that lock are a nice touch too.

4 Likes

Make a sketch and then find a “bho triclamp parts” or “tri clamp part” company in China send them the draft and boom!!

I love answers like these. Except a rack weighs over 50kgs. The shipping alone from China to America is at least $200 and we’ve had private conversations; you know how good my shipping price is from China.

A rack like this cost me $650 directly from supplier. This can be made much cheaper but i didn’t want to try. Shipping from China is what makes it not economical to order. I’m sure best value orders them and ships them sea freight. Mine was express shipped

10 Likes

2 inch is kinda small maybe some good old lab standa and clamps will work

1 Like

Lmao I’m pretty sure those are the same racks bvv has and you’re totally right shipping would kill the price

I bought a harbor freight press, their shitty little welder and welded some baringer pipe hangers from austinitex on some plate steel that was welded to the supports. 3 for 4" columns, 1 for 3" columns and 1 on the side for a mol sieve. Not the prettiest but a fun little project for a DIYer. I also threw some casters on there.

6 Likes

3" on the other side. Cheesy but the functionality is so good I have yet to change it. Probably cost me a days work and a few hundred dollars

4 Likes

4 Likes

Custom T Slot Aluminum rack - Faztek will make you anything you want.
DIY cheapest - Industrial storage rack from Home Depot 100$, Hangers from open source, drill some 1/2" holes where you want the hangers, and get a 1/2" MNPT - Garden hose adapter and a few washers to hold them lol. Another advantage to this system is your rack is basically modular, with little effort you can raise and lower your shelving and adjust things as your system changes.

4 Likes

I’m most likely gonna do this cause I just looked it up and storage racks are the most economical

Thank you for this idea

Could this work? https://garmentrack.com/collections/clothes-racks-single-rail/products/clothes-rack-heavy-duty-commercial-adjustable-heights

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-77-in-W-x-78-in-H-x-24-in-D-Steel-Garage-Storage-Shelving-Unit-ERZ782478W-4/202251082

2 Likes

I built mine from ( Home depot ) Steel-strut. Started with a base frame made from the base of an old satilte dish used on flat roof mobile home parks. Planet is littered with these. The kind ya put cinder brick in for ballast. Bought 4 casters from harbor freight. Automotive clamps for column attachment. All bolts together, only 4 holes to drill for wheels.

2 Likes