Tri-Clamp Column Rack?

3 Likes

This is all angle iron and tube, locking castors and a tilting column for transportation purposes.
there is a gas strut that holds it up or down.
all this was mig welded and spray painted that oh so shiney silver before assembing.

4 Likes

Could I use the back of a ladder?

Always use proper judgement. Consider that you will be using this rack to hold potentially very flammible chemicals.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s a big No!

All these racks are very stable, with 4 at least points, some have way more stabling it out ā€¦ Itā€™s super simple to copy that exact rack they sell from bvv! A few good ppl here have already posted pics!

BTW like the guy said before me, so you really wanna take chance on something not being stable,

the whole purpose in you mounting was to make more stable no? and with pressurized flammable gas,I donā€™t think itā€™s worth itā€¦

Hell Iā€™m no professional and I even pull my system down for safety pressure test for leaks every 3 months, change gaskets religiously!

Way to much that can go wrong,

Rule 1 if thereā€™s a question in safety, DONā€™T DO IT!!!

And to those not professionals,
PLEASE BLAST OUTSIDE!!!

Good luck use your head!

3 Likes

Okay. Was just making an observationā€¦ but shortly after I made that post I realized It wouldnā€™t be smart cause of so many factors. I will most likely save for an industrial shelf and modify or a pre-built welded rack.

1 Like

You could build these under 500 or pay over 500 to get one built but these are the way to go IMO

Killa already showed you the best rack! Itā€™s called 20/20 extruded aluminum.(many places that sell these wonā€™t tell you what the aluminum is called for some reason or they simply donā€™t know) 20/40 can be used as well and so onā€¦ best way to build these is to visit places that build these for people they donā€™t adertize much but usually places that sell nuts bolts storage and moving solutions type of business build them for their customers in diffferent industries. So you could ask them for there scrap pieces and then just put them all together. Iā€™ve spent most 300 buying all new aliminum and fittings and bolts and clamps and elbows. But used with some scratches on aliminum can build under 150

4 Likes

Absolutely awesome advice!

4 Likes

I got a guy cranking out racks any size at about $500- $1500 plus shipping

Its called 80/20

1 Like

Does anyone know of any company that makes quadpods but with high pressure clamps not single hinge.

1 Like

Where can I get those blue loop clamps?

1 Like

I took some industrial shop racking and cut it into pieces, wall mounted those with timber locks, then I used HFS tri clamp mounts (ones with the mounting bolt) to attach my columns to the Repurposed racking.

9 Likes

Open source steel or hardware factory store @Killa12345 might have them too, Iā€™m not sure though.

1 Like

I am poor and I am cheap. But my shit always works. Function over form for this guyā€¦

This was once a 1 lb OSS unit. It is now a Frankenstein. 3" column, 6" collection. Rack mounted is so much easier and much more safe to work with. Do it

12 Likes

My R&D team at Honeywell made use of that channel stock for nearly every prototype they produced. Whatā€™s the deal, why is that particular form factor so popular with engineers?

2 Likes

Iā€™m the kinda guy that will try to spend $99.99 building something to avoid paying $100.00. About 40% of the time I end up spending $200.00 because I get out of hand with improvements lol.

14 Likes

Wellā€¦for that 200 you end up with something your quite pleased with though? I always spend more money over time to do it how I want it. But Iā€™m someone who is constantly trying to improve everything I do. I modify everythingā€¦its in my blood. So I could buy a nice rack, but Iā€™d end up cutting it up and welding shit on it anyway. Someday Iā€™ll have a nice rexroth rackā€¦I just havenā€™t figured out how to get the 5 foot sticks out of the dumpster and through the security turnstilesā€¦the DoD throws that shit away like its toilet paperā€¦

8 Likes

Hfs sells a 4 bay rack for 250

1 Like