To meme, or not to meme

I’m of the opinion that memery is an evolution of Internet language, and that resistance is futile

I’m also not a huge fan, personally, but that could be due to me becoming an old man recently.

• Pro meme
  • Anti meme

0 voters

@qma
@TheGratefulPhil
@killa12345

25 Likes

I’ve laughed more at the memes than anything. Entertainment is crucial to maintaining audience.

20 Likes

I don’t really care one way or another but it does seem to lead to snowball effect and derailing.

17 Likes

Imo the memes usually come after the derailing has already occurred lol

Let the conversations play out. If mods don’t like it they can split them.

13 Likes

i would say a year ago ive never use one meme but now its a great way to entertain while still getting a point across! the meme is here for good. Its like saying are you pro emoji or anti emoji. I hated the fucking things… Now i cant stop using them

20 Likes

I blame d8

23 Likes

i blame not having a sense of humor… Life is too short. Give less fucks!

12 Likes

:joy: when he wanted to be humored but couldn’t take it literally so now we have a meme poll

4 Likes

Memes are great, they add comedy and entertainment. They also derail threads at a fast pace, but usually once the memes are coming the thread was already doomed.

7 Likes

Make lvl 3s have split powa

1 Like

your always asking for stuff @moveweight… first titles… Now split powers… Next its gonna be i just wanna run the place… LOL

5 Likes

Lmao I can’t edit to add italicize

2 Likes

Hey @future at the end of the poll can we see who dont want the memes???

10 Likes

Big pass… I made a forum and deleted it because I like here.

3 Likes

I second outing the anti memers

13 Likes

4osjdq

46 Likes

I’ve met Richard Dawkins on a number of occasions, who coined the term meme. I think he would be a fan of our forum and its meme usage, and he’s actually an old man.

18 Likes

We can always go back to gifs

4 Likes

GIFS are/can be memes

8 Likes

Fair. They can have text added for sure

1 Like