Thinking of doing a passive convert. of a custom machine and don't have a ton of power

Ill get the biggest I can, hate to waste a big opening if I don’t have to… Any recommendation on how cold I need to go on the chiller?

-40c is sufficient

2 Likes

:pray:

You could have some one add a port or tri clamp fitting on the bottom and add a pour spout. That looks like a pain to get oil out of and even rougher if tour having to scrape if your trying to make shatter

2 Likes

I like this.

Have a fabricator make those bastards “cauldron style”…

1 Like

Cs200 on your heat exchanger, that has 9.5kw @ -20c, more than powerful enough to keep up.

Unistat 815 on solvent tank to keep sub -60c.

The 815 could also keep your columns cold, but then you might be extending the range the fluid has to go and it might not keep up.

I have an 18kw heater (you’ll need three phase) which is very inexpensive at around 6k.

All good fam, he’s only gotta knock out a run or two or three to pay for the upgraded pour spout :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Anybody needs Unistats I’ve got 2x 815’s for sale in Northern Colorado, but can palletize/crate and ship LTL or deliver as needed.

2 Likes

Do you recirculate the water or just use the city supply and dump the circulated hot water?

1 Like

Recirculate. Helps to keep up with heat load.

1 Like

Recirculate

1 Like

@Sasquatch I’ma call today I just thought of something to redneck the shit outta the beast

Just for later reference

3 Likes

We built one

12 Likes

It’s since been modified with a check valve and another air separator. Works like a dream

6 Likes

You can get away with no chiller if you’re willing to buy and refill co2 siphon tanks all the time.

Do you use a mixing valve? What kinda temperature do you typically operate the hot water at?

1 Like

I don’t use a mixing valve. I used to operate the hot water between 85-100°f

I don’t work at that facility anymore.

4 Likes

So I’ve been using a solar hot water heater and trying to recirculate. But the water gets to cold after a while. @ficklepicke recommended a on demand hot water heater and I’ll be going with that. Also wasn’t quite getting my gas cold enough with my -40c chiller. @Cheebachiefextracts helped my figure out that my gas was warming up too much before it got to my media, so installing a set of condensing coils now.

If I just use my hillbilly solar hot water heater with my well water, I’m recovering .33 pounds a minute while dumping the water. Hopefully I can add a propane water heater and start recirculating it so tHat I can save the amps from my well pump and pressure pump to use for something cooler

3 Likes

Have a chiller. But It’s only really enough to cool the tank for recovery. Not enough power here for something bigger