Thinking of doing a passive convert. of a custom machine and don't have a ton of power

I think you just got my wheel turning again with the solar :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ya, I still really like the idea because we Have near constant sun here

These are pretty damn cheap!

It would be great to at least supplement the water heater to save energy

1 Like

ive touched the copper element that sticks out of one of those tubes before. theyre hot as hell.

1 Like

just clarifying are you saying you’re scraping all the oil out of the tank every run?

From here, it doesn’t appear that unit will ever pass ASME Section VIII for LPG use, therefore can’t be used in a legally permitted facility.

OSHA relies on NIOSH who relies on ASME, so it couldn’t legally be used with employees.

Something to consider before investing more money in it.

Purdy stuff, so one possibility for you to consider is whether it could be reconfigured to extract with ethanol. You can chill with dry ice and use air pressure to circulate the chilled ethanol.

Take a look at the Sub Zero Circulation system design at the following link. It is the next to the last design and could circulate chilled ethanol through packed columns instead of coolant through heat exchangers.