The thc breathalyzer

They had no right to test me…how is this lost on an educated man?

1 Like

You’re comparing this breathalyser to your ideal world where we’d be free to smoke and drive with no interference. I’m comparing it to the actual world that existed before and calling it an improvement. Guess we are just coming at it from different angles here.

5 Likes

I agree with everything you said. I was just exaggerating my speed of travel while dabbing for dramatic effect.

Exactly why I’m out in the woods as well…

I am coming from a real life situation, where they did not have the justifiable cause for their actions. If they can act with no justification, what is to stop cops from using this breathalyzer as a cudgel to beat the cannabis society over the head with? This is just another way for the system to make $10-15k a pop.

6 Likes

I would like to see legal rec in more states. If this helps some more squeamish areas get comfortable with the idea then I think it’s for the best. Or if it is a trade for loosening the laws in already legal states i’d take that too. I once asked someone involved in the Oregon decision making process why there were no weed bars in Oregon like the coffeeshops of Amsterdam. She told me “everyone bikes in Amsterdam, they aren’t worried about DUIs” and cited lack of a breathalyser as a reason they couldn’t do that here. I would sure like that to be changed.

3 Likes

Comes down to reaction times. Sure you can get from point A to B, but if a child jumps into traffic its been proven you are less likely to react and stop in time. Also the risk involved with drunk driving.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken edibles will leave you with a blood and saliva content 24-48 hrs after ingestion. Wouldn’t you only have to say you have eaten edibles and you beat a legal draw anyhow? How can you prove time of ingestion?

2 Likes

Is this the golden ticket?

1 Like

The one study I read about came from the uk and all they could find was that stoned drivers drove more slowly. They could not find any impairment.

There may be different pieces of research on the matter but those might be hard to trust if they were commissioned by the government with the intent of finding a predetermined conclusion, as was the case with a lot of drug war science.

2 Likes

I bought a peak a couple years ago and literally the 2nd week I broke the glass. Would not recommend but also maybe I’m a neanderthal.

Naw that would be me too

This thc breathalyzer is just another tool in the infinite arsenal of cops to tell you to step out of the car so they can hunt for tax money.

Doth protest? Please step out of the car, disorderly person. If they get any type of hit on this thing you will probably be taking a ride regardless of whether you’ll beat in court.

4 Likes

Someone who knows better should try and tear me down on that. Thats what a court would do in a bad case like this.

1 Like

This is the truth. I’ll say I’m not one to try and play chess with someone who uses a baton for a queen.

2 Likes

I do rc heli and my reaction times are on point when stoned. Mike tyson was always stoned. I used to play hackeysack and theres a crowd who dont like weed and the stigma it brings to that sport- Those guys never win the competition.

2 Likes

this kid fails the breathalyzer but can play hackeysack= https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ_uZiueQKg

1 Like

as a motorcycle rider Ive never been in fear of stoned drivers- its more the lack of driver ed, distracted etc… a simple example is if a car next to you paces you, you slow they slow, you speed they speed. It means the driving task is in their peripheral and they arent paying any attention. drives me nuts and ill slam on the brakes on my mc to just be on a different part of the roadway.

4 Likes

It would be nice if having better capabilities to determine impairment led to smoking bars becoming a reality. It would be even better if they didn’t use it to fish for funds, but we know that’s just what cops do. At least a breathalyzer is closer to being fair.

What they really should do is use a driving simulator to determine impairment, since different levels of thc effect people differently. I can’t think of the last time I was too stoned to drive in recent history. On the other hand, looking back to times after long involuntary t-breaks, I would have been in no shape to drive the first time or two of smoking again.

3 Likes

I like this mostly because I love the term “high as giraffe pussy” also “high as two hippies in a helicopter”. Any other “high as…” that anyone has?

4 Likes

'High enough to go duck hunting with a rake."
Often before I drop a dab its “I’ll call you when I get to Mars.” If its good wax.

3 Likes