The Pepsi challenge/etho color remediation thread

Oh, I forgot to say this isn’t even at -40, it’s at -17f at best. I’m only using a normal freezer. Haven’t been able to locate a ultra deep one yet, with this I don’t know of I need to. I’m also gonna try out room temp extractions and post the results here.

5 Likes

That was a misunderstanding I accidentally spread. @Beaker explained the actual solvent that does and how it actually interacts with it though.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for the correction, now if only silica 60 were a bit cheaper…

I’m hoping to change that soon @G_Boe. Hopefully once I’m back from a business trip next week, I will have an order from carbon chemistry waiting for me to distribute to the community for much less than the current rate.

Will 100% know the details in the next few days.

7 Likes

I think pvpp may have real potential for color remediation in an ethanol solution.

4 Likes

I certainly hope so! Reading about its use in brewing led me to believe its a colloidal catcher like DE. I’d rather be wrong :beers: @ScoobyDoobie

6 Likes

I can often get some nice gold starting juice… I find everytime I cook the etoh down in the roto and then into the oven it goes way dark way fast. Not sure what the culprit is there?

2 Likes

@tweedledew
Maybe heads oxidizing? I’ve found that the hot condenser tech with wide bore and vacuum takeoff adapter has allowed my distillate to stay the same color (pretty much) even after months in carts and syringes. That only happened after correct removal of heads, I believe.

3 Likes

Oops, didn’t realize this was a distillate thread!
Yeah I was going for shatter :stuck_out_tongue:

Charcoal is definitely the way to go for chlorophyll, but its usefulness peters off immediately once that’s gone.

1 Like

Thus this mix of compounds. Eventually we’ll all figure out the correct combination to use for our endeavors. I feel confident that we as a community will find the way.

5 Likes

All further answers will be posted in

2 Likes

what type of carbon is it?

I’ve used ph neutral carbon from @vacuumdynamics

1 Like

did you use a magnetic stirring hot plate? if so what temp and time?

No, I’ve used it cold straight from extraction in a buchner funnel, using slurry layers. I’m gonna try doing a dry run with crude at 110c for 20 min with carbon and bleach, using an overhead stirrer and a hotplate the next time. I’ll post updates.

1 Like

March 3rd was made from a bucket tek extraction. Then winterized at 5 microns. Then filters again with activated charcoal and 2" of D.E. on top of a 5 micron filter.

Started green as Christmas and ended up with yellow I ended up with crumble.

13 Likes

Funk yeah! That’s what’s up! I’m super happy to see that!

4 Likes

@terance_710MJC

Silica on bottom right?

Yes indeed.