The Pepsi challenge/etho color remediation thread

Dont have to do iT all at once try. Small batch for 30 min and have a look If iT doesn t make a diffrance after filtration Carry on

1 Like

haha yea iā€™ve been watching that like a hawk. I only wanted THC-a with ethanol because hydrocarbons arent allowed in my state. I still am interested in the distillation crude thread though

1 Like

Fo sho. If you want to post about that in this thread Iā€™m down for it, if not then maybe you could start a separate thread? Iā€™m definitely going for distilate delta 9 for now, I do want to venture into d8 territory soon. But thatā€™s another endeavor all together.

1 Like

So I had a break through today.

I donā€™t know why this site takes a million years to upload things, I just sent 4 pix on Instagram in seconds, but here goes.

I tried 100g bento, 50g t41 and 100g silica today. Pretty much no color change. Then I had my green rewash, 48lbs rerun. I tried filtering with the above, thinking it would remove some color. I was wrong.

So I took 100g bentonite, 65g carbon from @vacuumdynamics and 100g silica and filtered through that. Success!

Ok, so initially it said it had uploaded the second picture, but it didnā€™t and the 10 last tries just keep getting stopped halfway through. Iā€™ll try and get it up but for some reason itā€™s not letting me. Iā€™ll just say that it came out golden this timeā€¦!

Fucking finallyā€¦

So technically back to square one. Carbon, bentonite and silica gets the job done. Waiting for the magnesol to join the party.

26 Likes

Very nice thank you for taking the time!

2 Likes

Holy Sh*tā€¦I cant even believe the green hulk oil turned to that beautiful golden oilā€¦WOW!!!

If i didnt see it on this site, i wouldnt believe for a second!!! This is amazing! Thanks for sharing @Renchi WOW!

7 Likes

Won take long to ditch the -80 temps with these results -40. Should get the same with this filter teck Nice :pray:

4 Likes

Youā€™re using silica 60, ya? Brilliant work by the way.

4 Likes

That is one of my complaints as well Iā€™m not sure why @Future and @sidco use this particular bulletin board software but itā€™s atrocious itā€™s got to be the worst bulletin board software Iā€™ve used on the internet. The content of this place is so valuable that I just shut my mouth and use it LOL but yeah even v bulletin board would be a huge upgrade over this place

3 Likes

Amazon seller services forum uses this template tooā€¦I freaking hate it as well. BUT the information is here. Its really all you can ask for. Low noise to signal ratio and information. The rest you learn to live like something else new.

We are just so programmed to the traditional way forums are laid out. This is kinda a new way of seeing a forumā€¦Human nature is not to like changeā€¦thats all thats probably happeningā€¦We dont like change.

6 Likes

Yeah, I spent hours trying to get the damn pic to upload. It was too valuable not to. So the silica is cilite 545 (silica 60 I think, right? ), I got it from a link on here from Ebay. Thanks guys, Iā€™m as surprised as you. It was a mistake turned into a blessing. Iā€™m gonna rerun the other batches and see what happens. Iā€™m really happy it worked and Iā€™ll off course be sharing it with you. I wouldnā€™t be anywhere with out all of you. Thanks again for being awesome.

I also switched from the 185mm funnel to a 240mm funnel which allowed for this to go faster aswell, so that was a big plus too. :grin:

Iā€™m gonna have to leave for a couple of days to take care of some things. Iā€™ll get back as soon as I can to get back to it though.

5 Likes

Celite 545 is not Silica 60 they are very different products. Silica 60 is an adsorbent Celite is just a bulk filter aid (depth filter) with no affinity itself for any molecules.

The carbon itself likely did a lot of the work there; it pretty much takes all the green out of solution. Usually iā€™m left with more of a red color after that, but your cryo-extraction probably mitigated that.

10 Likes

@Alchemist Thank you! Wanted to point out that fact but was dealing with blizzard driving, lol.

@Dred_pirate @ScoobyDoobie

4 Likes

It is starting to look like it will indeed be difficult to produce clear extract using etoh alone.

I wonder if we should merge this into the EHO remediation thread or vice versaā€¦

2 Likes

Getting bright/clear eho is more of a starting point. Going to acid/base brine washes and finishing with a magsilPR scrub will get you completely colorless distillate at the endā€¦but water clear eho using nothing but medias might be a pipedream.

14 Likes

I think weā€™ve made some big improvements here and iā€™m not sure weā€™ve maxed out. Active sorbents that havenā€™t been tried yet:

1. Alumina
  2. PVPP
  3. Magnesol
  4. Silica 60
3 Likes

Hopefully some time soon Iā€™ll get my hands on material I can afford to run through the gambit.

1 Like

@Renchi is gonna be trying magnesol soon, alumina & silica 60 have been used but not in this thread. I feel like PVPP is gonna be similar to DE but who knows. Its always exciting to see results regardless.

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up. Like @Shadownaught said, Iā€™m going to try magnesol as soon as it gets here. I have 22lbs on its way. Iā€™ll keep posting it here. Maybe we should merge the threads. I think thatā€™s up to the mods to do if so.

3 Likes

I remember reading on here that silica 60 is slightly soluble in ethanol? If thats true, would that not be a deal breaker? Do you know anything about this?

1 Like