The most Advanced Extraction System on the Market

They have 2 different models of the machine and yes the crude you got was made with the old model. We no longer make the old model machine. All systems now come with our thermal control system to eliminate expensive chillers / co2 / ln2 for the extraction columns at no extra cost.

Edit: To the best of my memory, they chose the some of the worst crude that was made out of the old model they had on hand as a test to send to you to see if your membranes even worked to begin with. As if they did work, then it would also work with the best of crude from the machine and if not then no real loss.

Why send out good crude that could be sold when there is some crap in the corner that could be sent off?

No the crude was made on your new model

I’ll post the results

It is definitely made with the old model I can guarantee that. :love_you_gesture:

I guess I’ll post the conversations between me and your clients then to show what kind of problems they have

They want a membrane to remove the fats and lipids so they can actually crash cbd a from there crude without having to winterize

Why the hell else would they have hit me up for a skid?

Both of your machines make crude that has to be winterized

Youre gonna be pissed when I start using hexane and heptane in a month lol

8 Likes

Bro chill. They have not turned on the second machine yet. To this day they are running the old unit as the building they are in needs more power to hook up the other machine. Their focus has shifted wildly in order to grow with the hemp market. If it is cheaper to just get a skid than hook up the second machine then yeah I say go for it if that is what they want to do. Nothing wrong with that.

Apparently you never even came through for them from what I was told so your arguments are moot. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

All I gotta say is—this system is very impressive.

@Tech1145 i have to disagree that a wiper is not an appropriate evaporator design for bulk solvent recovery. Wipers are known to be excellent evaporators when dealing the separation of a highly viscous crude and a volatile solvent.

Additionally, it’s not rocket science to pre-pack 100, 10# bags and place them in a walk-in for the following days manufacturing tasks.

And honestly, if you took the time to do a thermodynamic analysis of a tube-in-shell vs a wiped film evaporator—especially taking residence time into account you’d see that there’s no comparison in vapor throughput.

Issalot of shit talking for someone who claims that vapor exiting a collection vessel can’t be super heated. :unamused:

Also…a saturated vapor of propane at 100psi (~690kPa) occurs at about 15C.

So if you are heating the vapor to 50C (as claimed here)—then you’re well into the regime for superheat.

Don’t believe me, check for yourself. Superheated Vapor Table,Propane, SI units, PC Model

10 Likes

@Zack_illuminated are you cycling your solvent and. What are your ratios and recovery rates ?

3 Likes

Ah the first person to actually figure it out…

At this point we can cycle at full speed with very cold solvent by means of a secondary heat exchanger placed after the primary condenser that is powered by our thermal control system and comes standard on our latest design The Manticore.

Many compressor options are available for each machine and extraction speeds are based on the smallest compressor per the design.

We base everything on a 10:1 ratio at full speed:
The Behemoth can run 100lbs of bio per hr
The Manticore can run 50lbs of bio per hr
The Turbo can run 25lbs of bio per hr

Obviously this all varies based on the operators skill. When first learning the machine people are typically a bit slower than once the muscle memory is there.

1 Like

Tough crowd today!! :joy::rofl::joy:

Happy Friday everyone.

11 Likes

@Zack_illuminated I used to solvent cycle and stopped when I found the yields weren’t always the same or the solution would need to be rinsed in which I either had a yield loss, or spent more time then through put which is why I had stopped. 50lbs of bio processed through how much solvent ? In this method I was doing 10-1 50# per , flushing through the next column in-between chilling each flush while injecting.i noticed right around 15-20# the 3/4, columns would pick up oil and it would need additional solvent to flush through. I can’t fathom recovering 25-30 # a minute with pane I run pure nbutane to stay at vacuum with fairly minimal usage of electrical. Roughly around 4-5# a minute at best and it suits using this solvent for a variety of different extracts

2 Likes

I wonder what happened to Terpp Extractors in Fort Collins. I really liked them and they did demos every week.

3 Likes

Owner passed, and they stopped innovating.

Well to be fair, they never truly “innovated”, just made access to Grey Wolf’s designs a lot easier.

Bought my first collection lid from them. Met the owner in what must have been 2013.

7 Likes

Rip Austin.

7 Likes

Over the many years we have ran this way we have dialed it in like no other. Solvent volume in the system during extraction really doesn’t matter much so long as all the conditions are right. Knowing what the conditions need to be for each instance is the real skill.

Determining the heat requirements to boil at a desired rate with a specific solvent is a simple calculation; well not so simple for most people but is calculable for those who persist. Just as the amount of cooling required to condense & chill all of the solvent… but to what temperature from what temperature?

The 3/4 problem was most likely due to 1 of 2 things. A, you channeled around the bottom of the sock creating an ice block of hash, which is typically because of B, you messed up the solvent push. If solely A, then you should see signs of channeling throughout the rest of the sock and not just the bottom 3/4. If B, then you should see a pyramid shape or square block that is hard as a rock. It likes to form a really hard brick in the bottom of the sock if you don’t do the solvent push right.

An 891 if supplied properly, can provide roughly 30lbs per minute of Butane recovery and just under 50lbs per minute with Propane under standard conditions. With a few of our GD1 evaporators, supplying this rate would not be too much of an issue if you can feed it. That will be the real challenge.

I have heard from 2 different techs at Newtropic that this was an impressively over priced, over engineered crude canon. They watched you run in circles for weeks and fail to deliver on claims of high throughput live resin. All you could produce was crude…I hope this model Behemoth has undergone massive revisions…it’s amazing how people still don’t understand the depth of the network among our members and think they can make ridiculous claims without anyone noticing.

10 Likes

That was the very first model of the Behemoth and the owners were well aware of it. They came here to see our GD1 operate knowing the Behemoth had not yet been built. To which, we showed them how to run cold without a chiller on the first day of training even though that model wasn’t designed to be operated that way as it consumes most of your solvent to make the remaining solvent cold so they abandoned the process.

The desire was for an extractor to make crude for distillate vape pens at the time, but after the vape market crashed they insisted on it making live resin. We suggested a chiller to purchase for the old model during our initial conversations but it was declined at purchase of the system, as they had a winterization machine in the next room over that was intended to dewax the crude from the old model extractor.

We now include our thermal control system at cost; the price has not changed but a very little; though it is worth its weight in gold (roughly $120k value vs a Cryodax or similar system). Room temp to -50c in 5 minutes. Only 10 amps to maintain -50c all day during our testing phase!

Many thought it was impossible but they were all wrong.

U.S. Patent Pending!

1 Like

Care to share this patent application? Can we see some kind of time lapse?

You say this entire system can be cooled 125 degrees in 5 minutes. I don’t quite believe it.

4 Likes

I buy swagelok and the standard compressions are much cheaper than npt on the secondary market= ebay sellers.

if what you are saying is real are you doing this machine for all industry or just cannabis extract?

1 Like

It would be odd for true innovation of hvac to come from you but I guess its possible that you are genius stoner?

3 Likes