The evolution of cannabinoid conversions

The only place d8 might be considered more potent than d9 is pain relief and tumor shrinkage, but certainly not when it comes to the “high”

3 Likes

I would hope you would know because you’re doing conversions, and it’s in your best interest to know that kind of stuff.

1 Like

Okay I know even less about opioids (nothing) than I do about cannabis. Chiral isomers are how we discovered these super strength synthetics?

Lol there are a ton of peeps doing conversions. What scares me is the people who are doing this stuff without any analytical backing.

I get asked to sell SOPs almost daily; and the first thing I ask is; do you have in house analytics?

If the awnser is no; then sorry; I cannot help you.

7 Likes

That’s entirely my point, the people involved in these procedures should know everything they possibly can about them.

Then they should literally not let anyone ingest it until it has been thoroughly tested and put through trials. We live in the age of overpowered governments and constant lawsuits. You guys should to be careful not to burn the house (read as: this entire industry) down.

Edit: Especially for the sake of money. Imagine getting rich in the process of ruining the whole game.

9 Likes

Even that is only of limited use. In house analytics can tell you if you made your target compound. It can’t tell you “does this compound have acute or chronic toxicity”.

4 Likes

Eh time will tell; I have material currently going through NMR trials at a university. Curious to see the results.

6 Likes

i wish there were more people like you, and less people using the community as guniea pigs on their shitty 60% d8 gummies

8 Likes

Time will tell what? Whether the people using it will suffer health problems? Isn’t that something you should determine before feeding it to people?

2 Likes

Do you see my product on the street? No.

3 Likes

Trying to merge threads. @sidco is there a better way?

Ethics, safety, and legality of converted hemp extracts

Edit: Well I tried.

For drugs with a maximum daily dose of ≤ 2.0 g/day the FDA requires organic impurities > 0.10 % to be fully identified. Until the tocopherol acetate issue, the FDA has been relatively lax about the extraction of cannabis as when done correctly it’s just a concentration of a safe natural product. With CBD being regularly converted into other psychoactive chemicals without any in depth analytics beyond the standard naturally occurring cannabinoids being performed and the introduction of unlicensed hemp derived products into licensed state cannabis operations, the states and FDA are most certainly going to get involved. A death from a poorly produced product will not even be necessary for the FDAs intervention as there is financial incentive for licensed cannabis operators to keep poorly manufactured d10/d9/d8/CBD mixtures out of their regulated system and the FDA does not want another preventable crisis similar to the tocopherol acetate issues on their hands.

https://www.fda.gov/media/71727/download

7 Likes

which in particular?

I’ve figured out how to rename, recategorize and change tags, but merging is another story. Dang lightsaber has too many buttons and hidden switches.

2 Likes

D8 is a non-psychoactive variation of D9. Typically, in appropriate doses, D8 stimulates the appetite and reduces chronic pain. I have seen articles about D8 being used as symptom relief from chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Personally, I have been giving my friend’s father (who has Parkinson’s Disease) a D8 tincture for the last 5 months with great success. He no longer has trouble sleeping and his chronic pain has been reduced greatly.

2 Likes

I’ve read this many times, and this is false. Not as psychoactive as d9, yes, but still quite psychoactive lol

Glad to hear about your friends father. Delta 8 has some incredible medical potential that’s just now starting to be explored

4 Likes

I second what @Dr.stanky said. Delta 8 is ABSOLUTELY psychoactive. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant or trying to sell you something. Also very happy to hear about more personal success stories using cannabis (derived products) to provide true therapeutic relief. We could all use some more of that!

3 Likes

Bullshit. D8 in edibles fucks you UP.

3 Likes

Someone is salty about not getting their conversions yet

3 Likes

Naaaaa. I just like my thc d9 not some cbd converted d9. You can keep all that! Lol. :man_facepalming:t3:

Even if it is more expensive.

7 Likes