The evolution of cannabinoid conversions

Even that is only of limited use. In house analytics can tell you if you made your target compound. It can’t tell you “does this compound have acute or chronic toxicity”.

4 Likes

Eh time will tell; I have material currently going through NMR trials at a university. Curious to see the results.

6 Likes

i wish there were more people like you, and less people using the community as guniea pigs on their shitty 60% d8 gummies

8 Likes

Time will tell what? Whether the people using it will suffer health problems? Isn’t that something you should determine before feeding it to people?

2 Likes

Do you see my product on the street? No.

3 Likes

Trying to merge threads. @sidco is there a better way?

Ethics, safety, and legality of converted hemp extracts

Edit: Well I tried.

For drugs with a maximum daily dose of ≤ 2.0 g/day the FDA requires organic impurities > 0.10 % to be fully identified. Until the tocopherol acetate issue, the FDA has been relatively lax about the extraction of cannabis as when done correctly it’s just a concentration of a safe natural product. With CBD being regularly converted into other psychoactive chemicals without any in depth analytics beyond the standard naturally occurring cannabinoids being performed and the introduction of unlicensed hemp derived products into licensed state cannabis operations, the states and FDA are most certainly going to get involved. A death from a poorly produced product will not even be necessary for the FDAs intervention as there is financial incentive for licensed cannabis operators to keep poorly manufactured d10/d9/d8/CBD mixtures out of their regulated system and the FDA does not want another preventable crisis similar to the tocopherol acetate issues on their hands.

https://www.fda.gov/media/71727/download

7 Likes

which in particular?

I’ve figured out how to rename, recategorize and change tags, but merging is another story. Dang lightsaber has too many buttons and hidden switches.

2 Likes

D8 is a non-psychoactive variation of D9. Typically, in appropriate doses, D8 stimulates the appetite and reduces chronic pain. I have seen articles about D8 being used as symptom relief from chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Personally, I have been giving my friend’s father (who has Parkinson’s Disease) a D8 tincture for the last 5 months with great success. He no longer has trouble sleeping and his chronic pain has been reduced greatly.

2 Likes

I’ve read this many times, and this is false. Not as psychoactive as d9, yes, but still quite psychoactive lol

Glad to hear about your friends father. Delta 8 has some incredible medical potential that’s just now starting to be explored

4 Likes

I second what @Dr.stanky said. Delta 8 is ABSOLUTELY psychoactive. Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant or trying to sell you something. Also very happy to hear about more personal success stories using cannabis (derived products) to provide true therapeutic relief. We could all use some more of that!

3 Likes

Bullshit. D8 in edibles fucks you UP.

3 Likes

Someone is salty about not getting their conversions yet

3 Likes

Naaaaa. I just like my thc d9 not some cbd converted d9. You can keep all that! Lol. :man_facepalming:t3:

Even if it is more expensive.

7 Likes

What is the point in legalizing cannabis?
Its not just so we can all get high i promise.
Its to move forward with it for its medical properties.
This is just the beginning. We can convert it to a multitude of cannabinoids. Which is a good thing. We can now have the possibility of discovering something novel not to get high on but to use for its medical benefits.
These are just the steps taken to get there.

And on the other hand. Whats wrong with the option to buy a $3 gram of converted thc? Thc is thc is thc. Period. Theres alot of people that would rather spend $3 a gram then $10 or $20 or $50… Especially distillate. D9 disty d8 disty cbd converted to d8d9 disty. They all suck the same

And alot of people that dont have the option to even spend $ so a basically free option isnt that bad

2 Likes

Do you think d8 from thc has the same effect that d8 from cbd has??

Ever notice how d8 from thc can still get you high but d8 from cbd don’t really do shit?

What do you think d9 from cbd is gonna be like? Just saying

I don’t use cannabis for medical treatment unless you talk about that little chip on my shoulder that would be there without cannabis.

4 Likes

Like d9 from weed lol
Its the same chemical structure. It doesnt matter where it came from. It matters where it ended. Mdma made from sass fucks you up the same as molly made from pmk glydicate.
Your brain is not capable of stopping the effect. Its a chemical. In the same shape as a drug that gets you high= you get high

D8 from d9 gets you noticably higher because theres d9 in it still.
Go eat a gram of d8 from cbd and hmu when you wake up

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed a difference between thc and CBD derived d8 as far as effect. The amount of d9 that may still be in the thc derived version would sure make a difference though.

I eat grams of d9. A gram of d8 won’t do a thing to me. I’ve grams of cbd derived d8 when I broke my ribs and it didn’t help with shit. Grams. Not 1. Since then. No more d8 or hemp derived products. If it works for you guys. By all means. Go for it.