THC, THC-A solubility comparison

So, I found this site, predicting solubility:
thc-a-a
thc
But it does not work as I see it and won’t take heptane as additional solvent
and contradictory to this:

How can I reproduce the calculations correctly?
Someone should have done this before.
I was looking everywhere so far.

Your links are broken mister. Or at least I dont have access to take a look at the articles.

1 Like

The whole server is offline somehow, it was working like an hour ago… I really hope its gonna be back soon. Sorry, I have never thought this would happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, its the https:// part stopped working, this will:
thc-a-a
thc

wtf: this should work then:
showme.physics.drexel.edu/onsc/models/multisolvent.php?solutename=thc-a-a&solutesmiles=CCCCCC1%3DCC2%3DC%28%5BC%40%40H%5D3C%3DC%28CC%5BC%40H%5D3C%28O2%29%28C%29C%29C%29C%28%3DC1C%28%3DO%29O%29O&solvent=heptane&solventsmiles=CCCCCCC&sdm=0.0&sdc=1.92
showme.physics.drexel.edu/onsc/models/multisolvent.php?solutename=thc&solutesmiles=CCCCCc1cc%28c2c%28c1%29OC%28%5BC%40H%5D3%5BC%40H%5D2C%3DC%28CC3%29C%29%28C%29C%29O&solvent=heptane&solventsmiles=CCCCCCC&sdm=0.0&sdc=1.92

1 Like

Links without the https probably wont be clickable on this website. The admin @sidco likes secure connections. But I am able to get access by removing the s.

please copy/paste then.

actually in this age there shouldn’t be any site without it, so it’s okay in the long run.

So it predicts ethyl acetate to actually be the best solvent choice for thc-a? Or am I reading the table backwards?

1 Like

yes, also predicts that thca will be more soluble in everything than thc. I was told the opposite most of the time.

1 Like

originally I wanted to compare solubility in heptane, thc and thc-a, probably the site is buggy. Do you know of any data i can see or how to calculate properly?

Larger picture: I wanted to know when to decarb when extracting with heptane, before or after the extraction, so it comes down to solubility. And there are many opinions but no data that I can find.

Actually if someone has some almost pure thca crystalline and almost pure thc distillate can measure for us. By using the heptane in a magnetic stirrer without heating and measure the mass of undissolved materials in both sides. So it can be done by 2 different persons but it should be like 10ml heptane on both sides. They need precise scale. This could be done on different temperatures, but I think room temp will already show the difference.

Interesting: higher PH THC is soluble in water on room temp according to chemicalize.com. So there may be more variables.

1 Like

can’t do it 2 places, different room temp heptane etc… it has to be one person and doing it.

I can’t edit :frowning:
I meant THC-A soluble in water at room temp: 69.62mg/ml at 8 PH by this predictor.

But I did not wanted to take this off track, I’m interested in solubility in heptane.

1 Like

Thc-a needs 10.6 ph for water solubility

1 Like

Well now I’m all interested in whether THC can become water soluble under different environmental conditions!

2 Likes

Use the search bar several papers and treads

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m already looking through. I remember a thread for emulsions but haven’t looked too much into it

1 Like

@future did it so did @coppertop

3 Likes
1 Like