THC, THC-A solubility comparison

So, does anyone have the thc and thc-a solubility in heptane data?

@Roguelab : Thanks for this, it is really interesting, This is a different way to extract… can this be more effective than simply extract-roto-decarb-spd or decarb-extract-roto-spd? What if you have less thc content to start with, how the effectiveness change?

If you read further down in the comments, it has a super low efficiency for extraction. You get highly purified extract. But with big losses

Yeah, I though about it since then and this guessed already, but thanks.

I’m a lot more interested in the topic:

Nope so guess you can write history

2 Likes

Oh, and I would, the problem is right now I live in a terrible country, I have access to mid range thc levels in ditch weed. Growing my own weed is not possible right now, this country never seen any clean concentrate of anything :frowning:

I’m still learning, so I don’t have access to pure thc or thca :frowning: I have to make it first.

I like to know because it would settle this once and for all and also show me when to decarb before or after extraction. Plus I like to know things I guess. If i could get these concentrates I would have done it yesterday.

Which country you at ?

%#^#@$ Hungary

Do you decarb before or after extraction?
(only solvent extraction, co2 excluded)

• Before
  • After

0 voters

Come on people, I need voters! :smile:

Also note that people on icmag mostly say in the past posts that they decarb before extraction and here the future4200 community’s says the opposite! And everyone including me believes that its based on solely the solubility of the compounds, which we have no data about.

Interesting…

1 Like

On a industrial or large scale decarbing biomass is a bitch
Imagine ovens the size of a basket ball field at 120/140C

3 Likes

yeah I can imagine, I think something with a conveyor could be done, like commercial pizza owens, ie the pizza is ready when reaches “outside”, but slower and somewhat longer. Hmm, do you know how a continuous cement kiln works? Even better design. I seen a line making activated carbon non stop, essentially the same line with different configuration, that was also based on the cement kiln. Hmm with airlocks automated there can be vacuum… it could be totally automated just feed a hopper and it can dry first also.
Who built that basketball field size oven is pretty dumb or has too much money or both or someone got a lot of money for building it… How much wasted energy and building materials, shame.

And the mentioned kilns are gigantic, the is no point building smaller ones, there are case studies about this, googleable if interested. I don’t understand how don’t they build one for this? I will calculate to economical even if it has downtime, because the more expensive material it processes, activated carbon or portland cement is not even remotely expensive enough.

In legal states it may become a valid business model, a cement kiln size version will make 100s of metric tons per day. It might be too much but it can be built smaller but its for a stable output, and cannot be changed later. I think it would be a great business if someone have the money to invest in it and can guess right demand for choosing output.

And flooding the thread but: If thca is going to prove more soluble, and supercritical co2 is not a good solvent for it, then the only reason to build this to do this. And co2 takes terpenes and canabinoids on a large scale so it will be built i guess even without me saying.

and I meant the rotating pipe kind of kiln, so a large enclosed frame airlocks at both ends continig hopper and collector at the end. rotating pipe heated pushing material forward in tube, this tube has only one phase.

I’m actually dying to sketch this now, but I really need to go to bed like 4 hours ago :frowning:

1 Like

co2prepline - Copy.pdf (57.6 KB)

1 Like

Finally, I drew this now for illustration, I was thinking about this a lot yesterday…
I forgot to incline it damn
Imagagine 3deg decline
I guess it could be run with a vacuum pump from an oil refinery, or something like that.
It will be made of standard pipes.
The vacuum inside and the induction heating makes insulataion easy.
Steel pipes bolted together like a submarine
Strong vacuum dries…
It is driven by an ac motor and some gears attached to the shaft.
Airlocks are self explanatory

Well it will be hella expensive if someone wants to build it, the steel is expensive.

What do you think @Roguelab?

3 Likes

Hey homie!
Love the enthusiasm
If you’re starting a brand new train of thought or topic, it’s often good to start a brand new thread. Tag the users you were hoping to talk to, and have some new creative thought.

Unfortunately, having a thread derail will prevent other people from posting on this topic easily.

If someone looks up THC or THC-A solubility it’s harder for them to engage with the conversation.

1 Like