THC syrup

Exactly. It’s an MCT oil tincture for people who want to pretend they’re using something better than MCT oil.

1 Like

@ky_cbd

I found SuspendRx as it looked promising as it has bitter bloc incorporated into it with sweetener in it. This could be used a THC drink and you could add flavor to it. It seems like their is a higher demand for a water based syrup rather than a coconut oil mixture as a drink. What is the advantage of the water based simple syrup like orasweet for making a medicated drink?

Would this work well, not looking for a perfect homogenization, with an immersion blender. And I’m guessing using MCT oil is the same process or I would need an O/W formulation on top of this. Just looking for a syrup consistency not to be dissolved in water atm. Also I’m working with rso should this perform the same as distillates?

I had great success making a thc syrup with Honey, Water, granulated sugar, Sunflower Lecithin, and cannabis extract.

I found that the key was to have 1:1 sunflower lecithin to cannabis extract. I can help anyone understand my process a bit more if you’re interested. I do very small batches of 1000ml.

14 Likes

RSO should just go into capsules. Needs to be purified to distillate/isolate to go into anything water soluble (such as a syrup rather than oil tincture). I’ve never seen anyone successfully put RSO into anything other than MCT, ethanol, or a boiling flask. The more crud you leave in it the harder the time you’re going to have getting everything to play nice.

2 Likes

Would like to pick at your notes on this, I Dm you

1 Like

Love to hear more about your process. Gonna shoot you a dm

1 Like

@C-BASS13 we all would!!! Please document your process in this thread for us??? HNY!

3 Likes

Is 1:1 key no matter the amount of cannabis extract? What do you mean specifically when you say “cannabis extract?”

2 Likes

How many mg in a soda can size do you want to dissolve ?

1 Like

Carbonated emulsions… now we’re talking. That interests me much more.

3 Likes

Not too sure. A couple clients asked about a drinkable product.

1 Like

I will try to refine my process a bit more. I am no chemist, but hopefully when I post my info you can all help me refine it.

I have been mainly using Distillate and shatter when I formulate. Thanks for all the interest, I will post again shortly.

4 Likes

Thanks @C-BASS13

Do you think using SuspendRx would benefit the syrup

Hello again,

As I said before, I am no chemist. I did my research and this was how I successfully made a THC infused, Water-Soluble Syrup. If you have any additions to my recipe that might improve it in any way, I am all ears! Please enjoy and have fun!

Items Needed:

• Immersion Blender
  • 2-3x 1,000ml Pyrex Graduated Beaker
  • 1x 50ml Pyrex Graduated Beaker
  • 1x Heated Magnetic Stirrer
  • 2x Glass Stirring Rods
  • 1x Large Stock Pot
  • 1x Whisk
  • 1x Magnetic Stirrer Bead
  • Scale (.01-500g preferred)
  • Measuring Cups

Ingredients Needed:

• Approx. 10g Cannabis Extract (Decarbed)
  • Equal Amount as Cannabis Extract Sunflower Lecithin (MUST BE SUNFLOWER)
  • 1 ½ Cup Water
  • 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
  • 800mL Honey
  • 4-8 Koolaid Flavoring Packets. 2-4 packets per 1000mL graduated beaker. (I use Koolaid, you can use any flavor you want just remember you are making syrups and not a drink. You will need double the amount of powder for some flavors like Pineapple to get the taste correct)

Step 1:
Take your 50ml beaker and scale out 10g of Decarbed Cannabis Extract.

Step 2:
Take the same beaker and tare the weight and scale out equal parts sunflower lecithin. (1:1 Ratio is needed to properly emulsify the oil)

Step 3:
Place your 50ml beaker on your heated magnetic stirrer and make sure the oil and the lecithin reach an even temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the glass stirring rod to help move the mixture and distribute the heat evenly. Once you reach the desired temperature you can add in the magnetic stirrer bead and allow it to blend for 5 minutes.

Step 4:
While you’re waiting the 5 minutes for your concentrate mixture to blend, take the 1,000ml beaker and fill with 800ml of Honey.

Step 5:
By this time your mixture should be blended enough to be taken off the heated magnetic stirrer. Take your 1,000ml beaker and put it on your *heated magnetic stirrer and bring the honey’s temperature up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the glass stirring rod to help move the honey around for even heat distribution.

Step 6:
Once the honey reaches the desired temperature, take your 1:1/cannabis extract:sunflower lecithin mixture and bring up the temperature to prepare for mixing into the honey. Make sure that both the honey and your 1:1 mix are within the same temp range and begin infusion. I recommend using the glass stirring rod to move the honey as you mix in the 1:1 mixture.

Step 7:
With your emulsion blender ready at your side, begin mixing at medium-high speed. You will notice the color begin to change on your honey, keep a close eye on the color as you should be looking for a golden blonde color as an indicator that you have done this step successfully. Do this process for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Step 8:
Now that you have your syrup base made, we are going to thin it down with some simple syrup. In your large stock pot, add 1 ½ cups of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar on high heat. Make sure that all the sugar is melted into your simple syrup and you are ready to add in your syrup base.

Step 9:
On low heat now, take your emulsion blender and on the highest setting we are going to blend the simple syrup and our syrup base together by pouring the honey mixture into the stockpot. Blend for 5-10 minutes and once you are finished you are going to pour the syrup into equal amounts in two 1,000ml beakers. Cover the beakers with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.

Step 10:
Take the beakers out of the fridge and skim the tops of the liquid as best you can or strain through a fine mesh screen. Once the tops have been skimmed you are now ready to add your desired syrup flavoring. Make sure to taste as you go to flavor to your preference. When using Kool Aid brand flavor packets, you will find that some flavors need more than others. For example, the pineapple flavor needs 4 packets of flavoring, while cherry only needs 2 packets. Add your packets in small increments at a time and mix well with a whisk or blender.

Step 11:
You are now ready to fill any container of your choosing with the syrup and enjoy! Congratulations on making Canna-Drip Syrup.

Credits: C-Bass13

62 Likes

The biggest spoon I’ve seen in a long time

Good shit

22 Likes

Here comes the airplane! Lol

Just trying to help people enjoy life a little more.

16 Likes

Is this bittery from the Sunflower Lecithin?