THC syrup

My bad. I didn’t read the specifics in the other threads. It felt like I was missing something. Seemed out of character for you to not have already searched extensively. Guess I know why. Oops :man_facepalming: Haha

It’s ok. This is your fresh 2021 whoopsi!

Lol

You only get 3 per year.

I had a couple clients ask me today about making a drinkable for their patients.

2 Likes

I thought we went by the Chinese calendar here. It’s supposed to reset Feb 12th. Probably my last for the year.

Have you tried it with the just SuspendRx and distillate yet?

I have not

SuspendRX is just MCT oil with something to make it look opaque like milk. This is not the magic solution to making a water soluble beverage or syrup. It is good if you want to make a milky-looking, oily tincture that makes you feel like you chewed up a tube of unscented Chapstick. Or if you ever need to self-induce heartburn in 10 minutes or less.

From the description:

“* MISCIBLE WITH ETHANOL WATER AND OIL MISICBLE”

That’s a pretty bold (and poorly worded) claim to be readily miscible with well, everything. It says it contains a proprietary emulsifier but it does not mix with water in any amount. It is not a syrup consistency or suspension vehicle, it is just greasy oil no different than a regular old MCT tincture.

I am doubtful it contains anything other than MCT oil and a coloring additive. If it does contain any other ingredients then it is not properly formulated to actually work in aqueous solutions. You’d need more than 1 step to achieve this result and the ingredients would need to be combined using titration until balance is reached. Judging by the way the color interacts with the water, if I were to take a wild guess it’s literally just store bought MCT oil mixed back with unrefined coconut oil (or some other waxy long chain triglycerides). I think this product was specifically marketed to people trying to make THC syrup but do not care enough to research O/W formulations. No wonder the link is getting posted all over here.

5 Likes

I’ll tell my client not to buy it

5 Likes

Hey Stoopkid. I looked more into your comment about why it has been working well for me. Cause your right about it containing MCT oil and it having a milky looking texture, but SuspendRx is extremely smooth compared to any other oil such as corn oil. It seems that this is used in pharmacies with water and oil soluble drugs. So I was wrong that this was designed just for THC syrup. And I looked into this more and it says that this is a Oral Suspension Vehicle and their formulation and it allows for very good suspension with THC oil and with flavorings I also added to it. So they are using some type of suspending agent in their ingredients to allow good suspension.

If it’s working well for you that should mean you can show us pictures or time lapsed videos of it staying homogenous with thc for extended periods of time right?

6 Likes

I don’t know anyone who has ever used “corn oil” in this application so that’s kind of a weird comparison to make. MCT oil is pretty much the lazy way of making tinctures so I’m not sure why this is being spun as something new.

It’s not an “oral suspension vehicle” if you’re dissolving oil (distillate) in oil (MCT). That’s not a suspension. Something like OraSweet would be. Although for all intensive purposes here, with cannabinoids, it is just MCT oil. Of course cannabinoids will stay mixed with this as is, it’s MCT oil. Everyone knows MCT oil works but this is not a syrup or water-soluble product, it’s an oil. My question is this, are you mixing this with water?’

5 Likes

I’ve always thought the daf adabinol looked like a great product, has anyone tried it?

The disadvantage of OraSweet is that it is water based and will separate over time when oil is introduced. With SuspendRx, there is no water in it and is only oil based so will not separate. Due to SuspendRx suspending properties, it allows water soluble sweeteners to be incorporated and oil flavors will also suspend in it as well. Stevia and bitter-bloc are already incorporated into this mixture. So I have found it is best to avoid water as this is the most ideal way to go.

1 Like

Not to drum up anything old but was reading the thread and seen the drink issue. Been making lemonades 100mg ish for my friends for awhile now, pretty simple! Small 153 proof alcohol tincture into your drink. Not many other ways i found that works but it’s up to 1mL=1mL for alcohol and distillate to mix together. I would do a shot glass tho at a time over each batch of 10 bottles :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You didn’t answer my question. Are you mixing this with water? That’s what people here are trying to do. No one was trying to make an oil-based tincture. That’s why people would just buy MCT oil. Sweeteners are not needed for oil soluble tinctures. You use sweeteners/bitter blockers in oil-in-water formulations to mask the bitterness of the surfactants. This product should not advertise itself as “miscible with water” when it is not.

No water is mixed with this but this is meant for water soluble drugs. So you are right this is more of a tincture than a syrup. I was looking into syrups. Would Orasweet and Suspend 267 powder be more ideal for a syrup? It looks like this powder allows for insoluble ingredients like thc distillate to form in suspension

1 Like

Can I get SOP please

I have never heard of Suspend 267 but it’s that same brand and it looks to be another proprietary blend so there’s no point in going down that road. Use ingredients that you know what you’re using so you’re just not mixing random things together. There are a lot of ways to get chemicals to mix together but if you don’t know what you’re using then you definitely know if what you’re producing is safe. For something like this where people may be taking it every day that can lead to some serious health issues or interactions with other medications.

1 Like

Well I mentioned the Suspend 267 because you need the THC distillate to mix in suspension with a water based syrup and that will allow it. What has been the best mix you have found for making a syrup and that has allowed the distillate to have a homogenous mix in syrup? And why are the syrups preferred over drinking a tincture?

Maybe I don’t understand but suspended rx is just mct oil with extra steps?

Distillate and mct homogenize very well already. Wtf is this stuff for?

I didn’t feel the 110 at all when I tried it. It seems popular, but half of a trash ass Hush branded one seemed stronger :man_shrugging:

1 Like