THC syrup

Carbonated emulsions… now we’re talking. That interests me much more.

3 Likes

Not too sure. A couple clients asked about a drinkable product.

1 Like

I will try to refine my process a bit more. I am no chemist, but hopefully when I post my info you can all help me refine it.

I have been mainly using Distillate and shatter when I formulate. Thanks for all the interest, I will post again shortly.

4 Likes

Thanks @C-BASS13

Do you think using SuspendRx would benefit the syrup

Hello again,

As I said before, I am no chemist. I did my research and this was how I successfully made a THC infused, Water-Soluble Syrup. If you have any additions to my recipe that might improve it in any way, I am all ears! Please enjoy and have fun!

Items Needed:

• Immersion Blender
  • 2-3x 1,000ml Pyrex Graduated Beaker
  • 1x 50ml Pyrex Graduated Beaker
  • 1x Heated Magnetic Stirrer
  • 2x Glass Stirring Rods
  • 1x Large Stock Pot
  • 1x Whisk
  • 1x Magnetic Stirrer Bead
  • Scale (.01-500g preferred)
  • Measuring Cups

Ingredients Needed:

• Approx. 10g Cannabis Extract (Decarbed)
  • Equal Amount as Cannabis Extract Sunflower Lecithin (MUST BE SUNFLOWER)
  • 1 ½ Cup Water
  • 1 Cup Granulated White Sugar
  • 800mL Honey
  • 4-8 Koolaid Flavoring Packets. 2-4 packets per 1000mL graduated beaker. (I use Koolaid, you can use any flavor you want just remember you are making syrups and not a drink. You will need double the amount of powder for some flavors like Pineapple to get the taste correct)

Step 1:
Take your 50ml beaker and scale out 10g of Decarbed Cannabis Extract.

Step 2:
Take the same beaker and tare the weight and scale out equal parts sunflower lecithin. (1:1 Ratio is needed to properly emulsify the oil)

Step 3:
Place your 50ml beaker on your heated magnetic stirrer and make sure the oil and the lecithin reach an even temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the glass stirring rod to help move the mixture and distribute the heat evenly. Once you reach the desired temperature you can add in the magnetic stirrer bead and allow it to blend for 5 minutes.

Step 4:
While you’re waiting the 5 minutes for your concentrate mixture to blend, take the 1,000ml beaker and fill with 800ml of Honey.

Step 5:
By this time your mixture should be blended enough to be taken off the heated magnetic stirrer. Take your 1,000ml beaker and put it on your *heated magnetic stirrer and bring the honey’s temperature up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the glass stirring rod to help move the honey around for even heat distribution.

Step 6:
Once the honey reaches the desired temperature, take your 1:1/cannabis extract:sunflower lecithin mixture and bring up the temperature to prepare for mixing into the honey. Make sure that both the honey and your 1:1 mix are within the same temp range and begin infusion. I recommend using the glass stirring rod to move the honey as you mix in the 1:1 mixture.

Step 7:
With your emulsion blender ready at your side, begin mixing at medium-high speed. You will notice the color begin to change on your honey, keep a close eye on the color as you should be looking for a golden blonde color as an indicator that you have done this step successfully. Do this process for a minimum of 10 minutes.

Step 8:
Now that you have your syrup base made, we are going to thin it down with some simple syrup. In your large stock pot, add 1 ½ cups of water and 1 cup of granulated sugar on high heat. Make sure that all the sugar is melted into your simple syrup and you are ready to add in your syrup base.

Step 9:
On low heat now, take your emulsion blender and on the highest setting we are going to blend the simple syrup and our syrup base together by pouring the honey mixture into the stockpot. Blend for 5-10 minutes and once you are finished you are going to pour the syrup into equal amounts in two 1,000ml beakers. Cover the beakers with cling wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour.

Step 10:
Take the beakers out of the fridge and skim the tops of the liquid as best you can or strain through a fine mesh screen. Once the tops have been skimmed you are now ready to add your desired syrup flavoring. Make sure to taste as you go to flavor to your preference. When using Kool Aid brand flavor packets, you will find that some flavors need more than others. For example, the pineapple flavor needs 4 packets of flavoring, while cherry only needs 2 packets. Add your packets in small increments at a time and mix well with a whisk or blender.

Step 11:
You are now ready to fill any container of your choosing with the syrup and enjoy! Congratulations on making Canna-Drip Syrup.

Credits: C-Bass13

62 Likes

The biggest spoon I’ve seen in a long time

Good shit

22 Likes

Here comes the airplane! Lol

Just trying to help people enjoy life a little more.

16 Likes

Is this bittery from the Sunflower Lecithin?

I don’t believe I have ever had the thought that it was bitter. Up to interpretation though I guess.

Thanks so much for this information. You have given some inspiration and an awesome starting point for many here.

1 Like

What is the skim we need to pull off? 882

From what I have gathered, it is from the honey being whipped by the emulsion blender.

3 Likes

Baaaam thx @C-BASS13 bout to try it in the next couple days!!

3 Likes

Pleasure! Let me know how you do and best of luck! #CannaDrip

2 Likes

Impressive formula, well detailed. Almost fell in love!

3 Likes

No. That’s just MCT oil. Why do people keep bringing this thing up lol

3 Likes

Read your previous comments and I can let it go completely now lol

THC SYRUP/LEAN EXPLAINED

(when i say cannabis oil, i mean any cannabinoid concentrate, cbd/thc distillate, heated up thc slabs, shatter etc…)

please take note that yes, in simple form OIL AND WATER DO NOT MIX.

however you can achieve oil becoming water compatible and expressing water soluble properties in a variety of ways. cannabis oils ability to be soluble in water is particularly vital to the functionality of the Thc syrup/leans product for a variety of reasons.

however SuspendRx alone with no other additional ingredients and or no further processing will not achieve your oil expressing water soluble characteristics.

I think it is important to internalize the goal here being among other things, to have the cannabis oil take on hydrophilic properties so when mixed with water inside of the product it’s self, the active compounds (thc oil) will saturate evenly and remain stable throughout the products shelf life. and thus giving your product the ability to evenly saturate the cannabis oil into water based beverages.

what i mean is

if you were to mix just SuspendRx and a cannabis oil concentrate like thc distillate and then proceed to pour that mix into, something like a bottle of sprite, just like my man ESG is doing here in this picture and to be quite honest, what a lot of the customers purchasing these products would be doing

4df0061a503397f0444f49175fa79c807204741e.webp

you would get separation almost immediately. having all of the thc oil float to the top and equate to a solution unable to be enjoyed evenly. this would most likely have the unknowing customer drinking the full dose of thc in the first few sips and having little to no active thc compounds towards the end of the beverage. this being that sprite is comprised of nearly 89% water. and remember OIL AND WATER DO NOT MIX. most of the customers buying these products will be mixing them in sodas, juices, and sports drinks like powerade etc, all of which would suffer the same fate as the sprite example if no further ingredients or processing to accomplish water compatible oil was done. because pretty much all of the drinks customers are going to mix this syrup with are mostly made up of water. just because the SuspendRx and the cannabis oil mixture stays in a continuous phase in & of its self, one oil mixed into another oil, this does not mean you have achieved a water compatible end product, this mixture is still hydrophobic. you need water compatible oil to have a stable end product that will not separate while on the shelf waiting to be sold and consumed.

like @stoopkid has stated, this SuspendRx product makes a “mids” level tincture at best with run of the mill bioavailability even with the presence of their added LCT’s. this leads us to another reason why you need to make your cannabis oil water compatible… pertaining to oral ingestion, once you swallow this mixture, as it goes into your intestines, your small intestine possess an aqueous (water) inner lining. think about that for a second, if the lining of your gut is water based and you have a cannabis oil that you want your gut to absorb, this is a problem because remember OIL AND WATER DO NOT MIX. in order for your body to absorb oils it has a natural digestive/ enzymatic process that takes place at this point in which your body breaks down the large cannabis oil particles into smaller sizes by digesting available triglycerides creating free fatty acids. these free fatty acids along with biosalts and phospholipids will begin to attempt to break smaller cannabis oil parts away from the larger size oil collections and encapsulate them by their hydrophobic tails, acting as naturally occurring surfactants there for making the cannabis oil able to pass through the water lined intestine and on to eventually entering into the blood and on to the blood brain barrier. however this process takes time and the absence of available medium and long chain triglycerides slows this already slow process down even further. because of how long this process takes, when your body absorbs non water compatible cannabis oils, only fractions of the actual cannabis you ingested is able to be absorbed. a lot of the oil will pass through your intestinal track non metabolized wasting the cannabis. this is why even in the rec market different gummy brands of the same mg size will yield widely different intoxicating effects. so in a sense by making your cannabis oil water compatible, not only do you create an oil product that’s shelf stable in water, mixable in water, you also basically pre-metabolize the oil prior so your body does not have to do it on its own, making almost all of the cannabis in your product bioavailable.

there are a few different solutions to achieve water compatible cannabis oil such as

lysosomes and nanoemulsion, each have their challenges and benefits. nanoemulsions is something i’m familiar with. essentially you use an ultrasonic liquid processor along with a surfactant. the ultrasonic processor uses the mechanical energy from high intensity sound to disburse the cannabis oil to the desired nano particles sizes inside of a water cooled chamber and while these oils are in this desired tiny particle size surfactant blend is added to encapsulate the oil in this tiny nm size thus creating a nanoemulsion and also make it water compatible. if you want a truly stable thc syrup product i would start my research with this process. i know there are people out there that swear by using liposomes, and i’m not arguing that, i’m just more familiar with nanoemulsions. hopefully this helps.

12 Likes

So you nano imulsified this. Is it truly water soluble or is it water comparable. Just making the molecule small enough it doesn’t refract any light does not mean it’s water soluble am I wrong.