Thc-P Cbd-P and Crispr

The figuring it out is the informatics done up front. It is the same for both strategies.

Find a plant that already does it. Figure out the gene(s) involved. Cross x cbg. Sift through 50k progeny using PCR.

2 Likes

Hu210 or Hu211

I always get the 2 confused

Wash cannabis with hemp oil vice versa, distill the exotic or new terps, name them and then sell them.

Thatā€™s what I would think to do.

this actually made me LOL

never change kotk

3 Likes

Terpene seperation by membranes is here

1 Like

Jealous much?

Youre always on my nut sack

You must have fun wishing you were me!

1 Like

Using crispr to transfer terpenes from cannabis to cannabisā€¦because plant sex is scary

3 Likes

To breed a hemp strain with the profile of wedding cake thats compliant would not be easy

Im sure it can be done, but how long will it take?

Years I bet

1 Like

Marker assisted selection. Go look it up

If you know the sequences of the genes (and you MUST to crispr), you can pool dna in two or three dimensions and ID the individuals with the combo required via pcr.

8 Likes

Hu-210

1 Like

This is one of the things I was referring to in the original post. HEMP IS CANNABIS! THEY ARE NOT DIFFERENT SPECIES OF PLANTS!

*Except you cannot call it non-gmo! If you have modified the genetics through anything but the plantsā€™ natural reproductive system, you have genetically modified it. Using CRISPR to activate or deactivate genes is by definition genetic modification.

With this many problems in basic terminology and plant understanding, I, again, am finding it difficult to think of you as the best candidate for spearheading this effort, @Kingofthekush420.

16 Likes

Actually thatā€™s incorrect

These seeds are able to be considered non GMO by definition of non gmo by the US govt

Theres actually several loop holes that allow for genetic modification without making the species considered GMO

I didnā€™t even know about this, the lawyer for the crispr company explained this to me (one of the first things I asked is if this would be considered GMO)

2 Likes

And youā€™d be better?

Youre spewing blatant lies that arenā€™t true

Please point out any wrong terminology or basic plant understanding

You guys didnā€™t even understand the questions that were being asked to me

You want to piss off people who care, call your GMO cannabis non-GMO and when questioned tell them itā€™s because of a loophole.

ā€œYeah, we totally modified the genetics using artifical means, but this is totally non-gmo, bro! Why? Oh, thatā€™s because of a loophole we donā€™t call it what it is. Donā€™t worry about it! Itā€™s non-gmo trust me!ā€

Encouraging blatant deception through the manipulation of language and the utilization of loopholes is only adding to the list of reasons to avoid the project.

16 Likes

Umm, @cyclopath has a PhD in Biology from Berkley. I have a feeling he understands more about this than you ever will.

13 Likes

Oh no I must have stepped on your morals

Sorry I go by the law and not feelings

You should use your head sometimes instead of your heart

You always want to get mad and go off when youā€™re wrong

Remember when you got mad because I said a patient I take care of has severe autism?

Yea youre booty tickled

Hey, did you know the laws says THESE TWO ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT?!

Maybe the law doesnā€™t pay attention to morals like you

1 Like

And im working with the top crispr geneticist in the world

If there lawyers say it can be non gmo im gonna listen

Who the fuck are you again?

Definetly not a lawyer

Letā€™s stop throwing opinions around and stick to science

Im just repeating what Iā€™ve been told

@Dabatronicus thereā€™s a few extra steps but this is the process, everything in the pathway needs to be perfect though, because if itā€™s not the plant will produce the most efficient product and will get shunted down a different canabinoind pathway or a mystery pathway in the case of mutant strains.

2 Likes

enzymes are really really really cool

8 Likes

Was there any mention of using Crispr to make a D8-dominate hemp plant? Since D8 is naturally occuring(even though in incredibly small %), a hemp strain that could produce D8 and still be compliant under the farm bill would be a potential game changer.

Going Hemp->THCp sounds like giving a farmer from the 1800s a Saturn V rocket and hoping for the best.

Edit: I think a plant producing THCp in higher quantities is super cool and exciting, however, I wonder if it producing D8 would be more attainable in a shorter time period.

4 Likes