THC-o Acetate Time! Wtf did my buddy buy?!?!

Yes, D9 and acetic acid.

3 Likes

XD sounds like hot vinegar potato

7 Likes

If it WERE actually D9 to start with. I assume most of the “THC-O” is D8. You’d need a base to remove that acetyl group. Water alone won’t do it. That’s why prodrugs work as well as they do. If water could remove an acetyl group, aspirin would be useless.

5 Likes

That looks like THC-O Acetate to me. We only made it a couple times in our lab, and this was in like 2017… But it had low viscosity (not quite as low as the stuff you have though), very light colored/clear, like the video you posted. Refracts light in a very distorted way.

No one was testing for THC-O at that time, we used 90%+ D9 distillate and remember it coming back at like 3-4% D9… Didn’t have much smell.

Here’s an old video of a sample from one of our batches. Forgive my dirtiness lol

3 Likes

Scientific description of the year

13 Likes

i’m afraid that’s incorrect. Water alone is sufficient to induce hydrolysis, albeit not to a large degree.

https://sci-hub.st/10.1007/s12272-001-1168-7

5 Likes

@ProEndo that looks to be the COA for a sample purported to be d8-THC-O. There is a d9-THC-O standard, but not one for d8.

The peak that is circled has been identified by our lab as d8-THC-O.

1 Like

Any idea on potency of said peak?

1 Like

We don’t have a standard, so we cannot quantify.

1 Like

Send me a sample, I’ll quantify. Did it come from Pur Iso or CO Chroma?

3 Likes

Pur Iso is interesting because they’re so close to my home town. Surprising to see them dive so heavy into it in TX

3 Likes

If you made this, mixed it with d9 as a dilutent of sorts, immediately filled into carts, would it be shelf stable?

2 Likes

Even with the low viscosity? Are you saying it’s mainly d8 with some thc-o acetate? Or are you saying it’s thc-o derived from d8? Just wondering because it’s such a low viscosity. I have only been reading up about thc acetate and acetates and general the past two weeks so forgive the confusion!

That looks nice! I would say the distillate I saw is a bit more viscous, it would have spilled out of the bowl in 10 seconds. The other guy made some carts with the oil at a standard 5% terp infusion and the oil inside moved like vape juice

1 Like

Pretty sure thats d8-thc-o-acetate. That looks like the same lab from KCA I received from puriso with sample also.

If it was d9-thc-o-acetate the lab would show a small percentage of d9 not a small percentage of d8.

Effects are close to d9-thc-o-acetate in my humble opinion though. D9 seems a little stronger but also seems to want to degrade faster or perhaps its just better storage and being more wary of oxidation and using airless containers / syringes this go around.

2 Likes

Good to know!

Does it taste like vinegar when vaped? Or just smell like it.

1 Like

Bump for the boof

2 Likes

Just smells like it, a very light hint of apple cider vinegar. The smell is still very light and faint, if I didn’t know about the vinegar smell from other threads I probably wouldn’t have made the connection. This guy was over at the processors house that has been a chef for 30 years called it a peppery smell at first but agreed when I said it was vinegary. I believe it’s still relatively fresh and is gonna develop more of a smell over time. The big jar was only cracked open on Saturday and the guy does a good job of only keeping it open when it’s being used. The oil seems to oxidize to a brownish amber color when heated for carts and is still faintly yellow in the jar, leading me to believe it’s still early on in the oxidation / degradation.

When I dab it, it seems to have a lemony flavor more than anything with a somewhat earthy note, similar to clay. It does seem to change the flavor profile of carts, but I have been working with new terpenes recently and can’t tell if it’s that or the thco

1 Like