THC Acetate SOP

I know some people have been asking me for this process. I am handing it off for free since we are open source.

Here are two methods for making THC acetate. Please keep in mind that testing labs do not have a reference for this so all you will see is the loss of THC in a testing sample.

THC Acetate IM SOP.pdf (196.1 KB)

THC Acetate SOP.pdf (169.7 KB)

51 Likes

Thank you for sharing , bet people will still ask for it lol.

Hopefully more will try it now and can see what it actually does and doesn’t to dispel the many myths about it.

2 Likes

What myths?

What is the reason for the addition of imidazole? The SOP suggests the reaction takes longer, does it increase yields?

It’s a Lewis base catalyst. It helps lower the activation energy so the reaction takes less to proceed.

The time is irrelevant as long as you are checking TLC. If you aren’t then stop it at 2 hours.

The second process is how I was taught to put on simple protecting groups. You basically keep adding the electrophile until TLC shows the reaction is complete. This is forcing the reaction forward via La Chatelier Principle.

Either way you are waiting.

Edit: expanded information

5 Likes

Would the same process work for CBD Acetate? I wonder if CBD acetate crystallizes? Perhaps finally an answer to the cart cutting problem with CBD?

2 Likes

It works with any compound that has that hydroxyl group on it (-OH).

You can make the acetate of CBN, CBD, THC, CBG.

I posted on here about CBD acetate and have proof it works. Never really thought about putting it into carts. CBD acetate is an oil.

10 Likes

thanks for this @anon93688! How much does your cbn sop cost?

4 Likes

I treid some cbd acetate that was probably one of the best feelings i have gotten from cbd. Its seems though with all of the acetates that degrade quickly and will loss potency in a matter of weeks. Do you have any solutions for making it shelf stable. Encapsulation could be one right ?

2 Likes

What is the most effective method for consumption ?

I wouldn’t encapsulate something that I’m gonna smoke or vape

1 Like

Any exposure to moisture will cause it to degrade. If you want to vape/ dab you need to seal it in nitrogen.

5 Likes

What does it degrade into?

The original cannabinoid is was prior to the reaction.

4 Likes

Wasnt THC acetate found to be about as potent as D9?

Ah, so probably not a great candidate for carts. At least not shelf stable carts.

1 Like

Though dissolved in an oil tincture, that should mitigate exposure to atmospheric moisture yea?

It was mixed in a tincture. So maybe thats why it was degrading so quickly. I didnt vape it but wouldnt be opposed too lol

Not true. There is a vendor in Canada that has carts that can be vacuum sealed. The acetate will stay in an inert atmosphere until it is ready to be used.

4 Likes

Feel free to make some and vape it. It will change your world.

4 Likes

I’m really glad to see your newfound appreciation of scientific transparency.

I’m starting a campaign:

make future4200 open source again!

23 Likes