Terpenes = solvent

So terpenes are a hydrocarbon which makes them a solvent. So technically there’s solvents in your solventless products. Thoughts

4 Likes

9 Likes

Technically true. However, the “industry” uses the term solventless to imply the absence of additional solvents (ethanol, acetone, butance, etc).

3 Likes

Which is exactly why u can jar light purged honey, bc it leaves terps, which act as solvent letting that honey crash to big sugar

2 Likes

the flaw in that logic is the assertion that being hydrocarbons is what qualifies terpenes as “solvents”.

It is their ability to dissolve the solute of choice. in this case cannabinoids.

Water is often referred to as the “universal solvent”, but it doesn’t dissolve cannabiniods (unless pH modified), so it is NOT a solvent in this case.

If you insist on being pedantic, you could use a “no added solvents” appellation.

6 Likes

Did you know that water is considered the “universal solvent”

“Water is capable of dissolving a variety of different substances, which is why it is such a good solvent. And, water is called the “universal solvent” because it dissolves more substances than any other liquid. This is important to every living thing on earth.”

Anybody get riled up by this quote ? Lol so your solventless hash isnt solventless, and your organic buds were fed via a solution of solvent (water) and solute (nutrients)

2 Likes

nah, it dosent bother me! let the haters hate! I have chromatograms!:camera_flash:

5 Likes

Terps for Chromatography! I use d-limonene and my issue is increasing polarity for those cannabinoids that are more polar?

Water just ph’d properly?