Terpenes = solvent

It’s like “no added sulfites” in wine, even though they occur naturally in grapes. Solventless is like a “no added solvents” claim.

My pops bought me this filter that you put over a glass of wine, that supposedly filters the sulfites. I will say I tried both the filtered and non filtered, and you do taste the difference. And I didn’t have a hangover or anything. Wine usually has me slow in the mornings.

1 Like

One of these?

I’ve got an aerator with a mesh filter (which definitely effects the taste), but this piqued my interest.

1 Like

Anybody got a good SOP for removing terps to prevent a weed hangover the next day?

5 Likes

I’ve tended to look at a “solvent” as a matter of function as opposed to composition. Almost anything can be a solvent, something just has to dissolve in it. I have used d-Limonene as a crystallization solvent for THC-A. I like it because there is no action limit on it’s presence, but THC-A is very soluble in it so I have found better. Downside is it’s very expensive and more difficult to recycle than some of the standard ones like EtOH. Call it what you want, it’s really a matter of action limits, labeling and safety.

2 Likes

That’s the one

1 Like

I had to look up two of those words. Thank you.

1 Like

pedantic: antics of a pedalphile

see: cyclecide.com

3 Likes

Shower thought

Petaphile: Someone who really loves their animals

3 Likes

Peta
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

2 Likes

Aromatic hydrocarbons* have the most solvency power of all solvents -infact

3 Likes

Terpenes are hydrocarbons but that doesn’t automatically make them a solvent. Graphite is a hydrocarbon but I think you would have trouble finding someone to consider it a solvent. Technically speaking, the solvent is the compound in greatest excess in a solution. Unless you are making 51+% terpene formulations, the solvent in many cases would be the THC distillate/resin/cannabinoid mixture/etc and the solute would be the terpenes you add in small quantities to it.

1 Like