Terpenes are more important than cannabinoids

Most wine’s have GHB in them, that why wine gets you drunk different and giggly if you drink enough to get drunk, red wine and port I believe have the highest amounts.

Wine addicts secretly are ghb addicts😂

Couldnt help myself sharing this, 99% of people on the planet are not aware of this.

Fuck I see I already mentioned this in this thread lol, apologies😂

4 Likes

I read this and was like someone already told me this :sweat_smile:

Also saying terps give an entourage effect is like saying a few beers before you blaze is an entourage effect. :rofl:

3 Likes

Implying that terpenes cannot produce or contribute to psychoactive effects is pure ignorance.

It’s not an entourage effect bro. The terpenes are not modulating the cb receptors. They are independent of each other.

1 Like

Does hop content modulate the effects of alcohol?

1 Like

That we know of, studies are limited.

I’d gladly argue that they might act as modulators based on the notion that most terpenes CAN bind with both CB1 & CB2.

You might potentially be right that they act independently, you might also be wrong.

The entourage effect has been witnessed, it wasn’t associated with terpenes… but it is proof that it is without a doubt a real phenomenon, the forefront of science is unsure of how to use it advantageously.

More research is needed.

Well som a bitch. Never really thought of it like that… They are cousins after all :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this, good read.

Thank you @qma

1 Like

Primary lit: SELECTED CANNABIS TERPENES SYNERGIZE WITH THC TO PRODUCE INCREASED CB1 RECEPTOR ACTIVATION - ScienceDirect

2 Likes

Wow!

That study suggests full spectrum extracts are less effective.

As the most effective terpenes are not necessarily the most abundant ones in the cannabis plant, reaching “whole plant” or “full spectrum” composition is not necessarily an advantage.

This indicates the future of cannabis medications could potentially be specific blends.

I imagine it could used to produce a SPECIFIC recreational high as well, targeting desired effect.

I also wonder if certain terpenes “pair” with certain cannabinoids… the study only covered THC.

Maybe a specific terpene blend with CBD could allow us to fully utilize it’s potential as super effective NSAID!

Consequently, a growing number of studies and caregiving instructions dealing with medical cannabis use terms such as “full spectrum”, and “whole plant” (e.g., [7], [8], [9], suggesting that combinations of cannabis plant components, more specifically, compositions of selected chemovars, provide better treatment results compared to results of isolated cannabinoids.

1 Like

134a is freon. Is a gas at room temp. Rapidly evaporates at room temp atmospheric pressures

1 Like

Just because something evaporates at STP, doesn’t mean it can’t exist in a mixture at room temperature.

the vapor pressure of a compound is determined by its molar ratio in a mixture and the vapor pressure of the pure compound.

That’s why you can have residual LPG or refrigerant in an extract if its not appropriately purged.

2 Likes

Thanks for this info. Something to look into and kearn about for sure. Ive only had experience with 134a in the HVAC arena, so this is a different and relativity novel concept for me.

1 Like

Check this post out:

Talks about the elevation of boiling point temperature for butane as the concentration of THCa increases.

5 Likes

Dont some terpenes/terpenoid like benzene and shit get you kind of high just by smelling them?

Is ether also a kind of terpene?

Don’t they just change their structure by heating, turning them into al kinds of stuff that give a mild buzz when inhaled and snift at?

I was talking to a friend about trimming and cutting, and some people, including myself experiencing a kind of mild high-ish at one point in their life.

Wich should be technically imposible, at least not from the cannabinoids.

It got me thinking maybe terpenes give a sort of high on their own when smelling, just like ether and benzene and probably others do.

Its either that or its a placebo, but it might somewhat explain what is going on.

2 Likes

There is a plant that produces a high comparable to opium and it’s completely legal, it is even referred to as Opium Lettuce

Lactucarium - Wikipedia.

Some evidence of toxicity… but they also state in this article it can be extracted and turned into a powder…

Sesquiterpenes/Terpenes are producing the primary effects associated with the high.

I can link sources if needed.

This ancient literature even argues that “opium” from lettuce is superior to that from the poppy.

1 Like

If that study is right then everyone saying “botanical derived terpenes don’t do it” is wrong. Because they tested pure individual terpene isolates and got an effect.

Remember everyone, if someone you trust tells you “oh yeah these CDTs I made are super fire”… you’re going to think it’s super fire. The same LSD can cause a good trip or a bad trip. It’s your MIND and EXPECTATIONS that change things.

I think 99% of the anecdotal descriptions of entourage effects are just that. Terpenes do modulate effects, somewhat, I believe, but your own mind will modulate it 10 times more.

Someone commented “well if terpenes aren’t important why not just smoke distillate”. Well I did, for months, in unflavored vape carts (easier on the lungs than ones with terps added). It was great. Don’t knock it till you actually tried it.

3 Likes

I agree that the study is flawed, I only provided it because I remembered its existence. Scaling reviews has been a nightmare, as anecdotal evidence is all over the place

I no longer ask anyone to describe the effects of strains to me before I buy them. I just ask for something that smells nice. I don’t think people who claim their strain gives a specific headspace are telling you anything that exists outside of their own mind… They smoked it once, they felt a certain way, they’re convinced you’ll feel the same way, you listen to them, you believe it, and your belief makes it so. Simple as that.

This is a totally separate question from “do terpenes modulate CB1”. They do or they don’t, but i’m pretty sure that’s not what is actually responsible for “strain specific effects”.

2 Likes