Summit Hochstrom Filter vs bel art tabletop buchner (use with cryo EtOH )

can you link an example please?

What brands do you recommend? I’m looking for something with solid capacity and speed like the droid.

You have a great mind. What do you recommend for dewaxing?

Buy this:

Way faster than a draindroyd and like 10x cheaper.

6 Likes

dude thats beautiful, how often do you have to replace the filter socks??

1 Like

That’s nice. Thanks bro!

Depends on application really. Filters at least 10gal of 5:1 hexane extract winterization slurry per bag, which is about the sludgiest stuff you could run. Any normal winterization, it could probably process like 50 gallons before needing to change.

2 Likes

Any of you try these filters? Looks like they can custom size it so you could freeze them and get a nice snug fit.

1 Like

thank you for the compliment, but there are tons of people wayy more experienced than I.
i personally dont dewax, because i run cryo extractions. but i would go for something with the most surface area. also it would be nice to have a jacket and chiller on it so you can keep everything cold.

i like this system alot, ive been thinking about getting one or building one, https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/xl-refinement-filter.html

but it really depends on the scale your trying to operate at, the kings of filtration output wise are probably going to be lenticular filters, aka pig filters. they can be super expensive though

1 Like

For reference: A 24" disc filter has a surface area of 3.14 sqft. A size 2 bag has 15 sqft.

6 Likes

Sounds like you got it going on to me bro. But thanks , I’ll check those filters out. I’m looking mid scale. I’m trying to create a quality product. That droid works great but starting out I’d like to find something affordable.

1 Like

Thanks, seems like a good alternative.

jeeze thats a crazy amount of difference!

how do you handle your refinement fitration ie AC, celite 545 filtering?

1 Like

Put a 0.2 micron cartridge housing after the bag for another $300. It will catch all carbon. No need for celite.

4 Likes

Im liking MCs filter bag setup, i kinda want one myself, try that out imo

1 Like

Looks like they got one too

2 Likes

niceeee all 2" tcs too, that would be pretty easy to set up. your probally going to need a pump for that system

1 Like

Yeah, they’re very generic. You can get them with exactly the options and style you want. I just posted the cheapest one I found.

1 Like

I’d like one with a pump so I can keep things moving and solution cold

1 Like

what kind of pump are you running for your bag system?? what pressures does it usually run at?? also can monitoring pressures allow you to know when a bag is “full”?

1 Like