Strange Crystalization in an batch of Distillate

Howdy y’all

I Distilled some material a-couple months back out of some crude that smelled like sulfur. The potency came back at 37% Cannabinoids 31%THC, and trace amounts of Myclobutanil and Piperonylbutoxide (Both under the action limits). I leave it in storage for 2 months later and now it looks like this. The Distillate has the viscosity of Peanut butter at room temperature and has developed a-lot of little crystalized balls of something. Has anybody else seen anything like this?

4 Likes

That could be delta 10

I’m willing to bet money on it

6 Likes

Here is a pic of the potency test if anybody is interested.
B03839%20COA

Can you get a picture of the chromatogram?

3 Likes

Yea thats d10 for sure, you have alot of cbn in there with no d8

What makes you think its D10?

Because its crystallizing and you dont have anything in there in high enough amounts to crystallize

Your lab doesnt test for d10

6 Likes
1 Like

Yet no misidentification as CBC…

2 Likes

It looks a lot like other d10 crystallizing distillate that’s been posted on this site

2 Likes

HPLC with DAD will tell the difference between cbc and d10

Heres a perfect example

This disty is more then 70% in potency

Its hard as a rock

Wheres the other cannabinoids?

Guarantee its d10

4 Likes

We need a list of labs testing for d10 so suspected samples can be definitively identified

3 Likes

Can vs Will…,

Some (not all) operators are still misidentifying it at CBC.

So often there will be a spurious claim of CBC.
to claim otherwise seems disingenuous.

6 Likes

Because most HPLC do not use DAD

Shit I tried to give botanacor a sample of d10 so they could test for it and they wouldnt do it lmao

This is why I use @AlexSiegel with norcal analytical

He has d10 and d6a10a

2 Likes

Say what? What are they using?!?

I’m not an expert on hplc detectors, but was under the impression that a diode array was about the cheapest detector for LC.

1 Like

@Kingofthekush420 yeah no (what a surprise)

i run an agilent 1260. the whole cbc/d10 thing is NOT resolved with a DAD.

1 Like

If that were true why are they misidentifying d10 as cbc?

@extractepic has talked about HPLC with DAD being able to tell the difference in the d10 thread.

DAD from what I’ve been told is newer tech

You don’t know how to run your machine then obviously

Funny @extractepic can use DAD and tell the difference but you cant

You have 40 years of experience too and he doesnt even have a degree xD

Shows how much that expensive education did for you

1 Like

Still a “can” vs “will” thing.

My understanding, as a user of third party labs, not as an analytical chemist, is that if using a “standard” method, developed before folks started deliberately or accidentally making d10, then an operator looking only at the single channel involved in the quantitation, on that diode array may not notice the difference on the other channels.

3 Likes

Or, quite possibly, they’re just running one of the many column/gradient combos where those compounds don’t co-elute. They’re out there. They did not co elute with my old hplc method with restek raptor column

3 Likes