Starting a legit mushroom company

Depends on the size of the tote, how many flushes, and wet or dry weight.

Wet weight…no problem. Shrooms are like 90% water.

2 Likes

Personally, over the years, I have felt like smoking weed on psychedelics only adds to my mental fog and cloudiness. These days I prefer to enter the psychedelic experience without any THC high, except for the very tail end of the comedown, if I’m feeling like it. I can attest to the fact of heavy dose of mushrooms + strong cannabis = rainbow color explosion across the visual field to the point that it’s hard to see in the dark.

5 Likes

So no u haven’t personally done this personally? There is a million things that can go wrong is what I hear. But I’ve never done it so I wouldn’t begin to reassure someone how easy or hard it is.

Also cannabis grows as a weed w zero effort but that doesnt get u anywhere in this industry

Cyans grow in my gardens when I mulch with alder chips. Ultra low work, repeatable at relatively large scale :man_shrugging:t3:

Liberty caps a side effect of my cattle ranching.

Cubes probably grow incredibly well outdoors in the region they originally come from

10 Likes

You’re in the ideal climate for mushroom foraging. Recreating that in a sterile environment is different.

having seen large scale agaricus bisporus production up close and personal, I would say it’s really not that difficult.

the critters we’re looking at here are wood lovers, and can be selected for on wet cardboard. very few non-target critters are able to make lunch out of a Mac&Cheese box.

8 Likes

hit me up if you ever want to add a molecular geneticist to your team…

7 Likes

And that’s indoor in totes?

large scale agaricus?

nah, that’s with compost piles the length of a football field. multiple temp controlled warehouses in the 50k sqft range. open topped beds about 4’x4’.

mono-cultured so that every bin flushes at the same time.

I’ve not used “totes”, I have used these trays with great success.

I have years of plant tissue culture experience.
sterile technique is an acquired skill, but not a hard one to learn.

10 Likes

So to walk away w 2 lbs from a tote you would need 20 lbs of wet mushrooms. Seems unrealistic.

three successive flushes is not uncommon if you know what you’re doing.

certainly how they do it in agaricus.

6 Likes

I feel like this thread would be better on Shroomery.Org … I flagged this thread as off-topic.

3 Likes

Cubes grow wild AF in Florida! You can find them pretty much everywhere.

The cow fields were always a great spot for caps, to the point farmer started to throw anti-fungal in their feeds because people would always get into the fields at night going foraging.

5 Likes

I was watching some automated mushroom farm videos on YouTube the other day, and was amazed how much could be automated.

8 Likes

Damnnn where do I cop one if these?

Talk to @GreenMachine_Consult

1 Like

Ground up is the proper place for this thread

1 Like

what do I know :v:t2:

1 Like

Just clarifying your experience wasnt theoretical. Thanks for the input :+1:

1 Like