hemp - Sheet1.pdf (34.0 KB)

Please add any info

1 Like

Make it editable

1 Like

i tried but its on google docs

hemp spreedsheet Sheet1.pdf (26.4 KB)

:spoon: :spoon: :spoon:

The feeding instinct is strong with this one.

3 Likes

so i have 50 plus acres to farm… and when i say plus it more like 150 plus. so if planned right im hoping to make land owners and my team happy.
Any input or gaps that need to be filled please lmk. Or anybody recommend any SOPs. i saw a couple companies offer them but then lock you in a contract.

Lol, yeah they’re going to “lock you in a contract.” They’re not going to hand over their SOPs for free. On the forum we’re all here to help each other and share what we can. But we’re all trying to make money with the skills and knowledge we’ve gained, they’re companies not philanthropists. They want to profit. Find someone who can help you and hire them…pay them well.

that what i plan on doing…but the contract will restrict the way ill be able to help other in future. im a angle person…but thanks for the input. but that why i use the forum to gain knowledge. im also dont want to end up paying and getting locked in a contract with the wrong company.

Forget your spreadsheet. The most important question is your budget/capital/resources. How much paper do you have to throw into the field?

that makes no sense…spreed sheets to know what to budget for…i can say i have unlimited funds and someone with that same answer can spend every penny.

1 Like

So figure out how much it’s going to cost first then look for funding, got it. I been doing it wrong this whole time.

1 Like

Let’s split the difference and say you plant 2800 plants per acre, plus 500 dollars to plant (planting takes close to 40 man hours an acre by hand when things are going right. Even at 12$ for laborers an hour that’s close to the margin). Weeding an acre at 500$ is probably close and x 2 times a year is 1000$. Harvest by hand is roughly 70 hours, you could pay closer to 18$ an hour at that budget. If you feed cheap salt based nutrients once a week you’re probably paying 100$-150$ an acre. We’ll pretend water is free, brings your total to about 5200$/acre before you include all the drip line, plastic, drip emitters, initial field tilling, the greenhouse or ??? for sprouting your seeds in the spring, all the labor to do all of that, drying facility, dehumidifiers, rent/mortgage for land, storage space, and drying space, trim machines, taxes, fees, permits, and anything else that you can imagine. What’s hemp going to be worth 14 months from now when you’re ready to go to market? Oregon had 50,000 acres of hemp grown this year (according to ODAgriculture stats) even at 1000lbs/acre that’s 50million lbs of hemp. That’s enough for every human in the USA to have 2.5 oz of hemp flower(obviously a gross comparison but you see the point) Plus there are 16 other states that currently have hemp agriculture programs. The smokeable CBD ship has left the dock and is cresting on the horizon, the next market will be hemp for textiles. Cheaper to grow and less initial investment than cotton.

6 Likes

great info…i am more interested in the textiles, and other options the plant has to offer. i am in a pretty good position with the land i have available. the plant can be use for tons of things and that what i more interested in.

All the monies

You appear to be a lil mixed up.

You don’t need to spend $1/seed and do all that hand labor and weeding if you are growing for the fiber market. It’s a whole different ball game. Find a Canadian farmer and ask her or him about growing hemp for the fiber market, lol!

Anyway, the CBD is really opening the doorway for all the other useful applications of hemp to be explored. It’s the doorway to pharma money. Sweet, sweet pharma money. With this money, the hemp industry as a whole, particularly all the various uses not related to CBD and cannabinoid farming, can evolve and grow to compete with the production efficiencies of all the industries that have taken over the world with crappy toxic products since hemp was quashed 100 years ago.