Stainless Steel Rotovap? /OpenSource Idea?

For parts of the system that are not taken apart often they would work, for material columns and such you’d want a closure that is easier to install.

1 Like

Yeah, totally what I realized after I actually thought about it!

Personally I believe that the way we connect all the bits together is going to change here in the next few years. Sanitary spools work well, but there are better/ safer options out there.The next 5 or so years is about to get interesting.

6 Likes

This industry badly needs a closure method that’s zero clearance and can’t be opened under pressure. Tri clamp is great from a sanitary and zero clearance perspective but horrible from a safety one. I just wish ORFS was more practical for large diameter tube. Maybe it would be if some of the big chinese forging companies got into it. Or Ta Chen

5 Likes

I read that as “getting custom fab done is the only solution”…not “having @Killa12345 send it to China is the only solution”.

So I’m pretty sure you’re being referred to as the solution not the problem here…

2 Likes

#>>>??^#*’ing thing won’t open, get me a bigger wrench!!

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit closed minded to think the Chinese or just about any country for that matter can’t make goods as well if not better than Americans.

There is quality work everywhere in the world, and that world is getting smaller by the day.

5 Likes

You are correct. With that said, custom fab is custom fab. Good fabricators come in all shapes and sizes and nationalities.

Some of my equipment comes from China. Some comes from Germany. Some from the US.

These days, I’m looking at just building most of it myself because that way I know it’s done right, and does exactly what I want.

And if it doesn’t, it’s my own damn fault, not a sales guy with commission in his eyes.

8 Likes

I had a guy lifting the welding table off its legs with a chain wrench once trying to open a breach lock vessel with 1000 psi in it… Thank God he didn’t manage it…

Read. The. Fucking. Gauge.

6 Likes

truth!

5 Likes

Gauges lie.

Especially if you feed them hash :shushing_face:

4 Likes

Well, stop getting your gauges stoned…
LOL! sorry I couldn’t help myself…

2 Likes

I can tell you this wasn’t lol

2 Likes

Diaphragm gauges homie!

1 Like

Are you guys trying to invent a Kuglerohr Device?
https://www.buchi.com/us-en/products/laboratory-evaporation/glass-oven-b-585-kugelrohr

2 Likes

Nope. The original goal of this post is to make it so that a stainless steel splatter platter or something of the sort can be made to spin horizontally and used as a bf rather than a glass flask.

1 Like

I sure wish I had the cash for 1!!! That looks sweet!

Thank You @Soxhlet / Indofab Solutions for giving my columns jackets. , :octopus:

I do not extract indoors and I only use high pressure clamps for butane extractions. The mixed clamps is for the picture only not for actual use.

Thank you for also keeping @Killa12345 's store name on there as it was originally purchased from killa as a sleeved column. I think it’s so fucking sexy thank you.

6 Likes

Is this a viable solvent recovery design?

So I’ve got a buchi r-110 rotovap head that will sit on a ring stand. Any good ideas how to pull off the rotating coupling? Got the head for $30 on ebay then realized the vapor duct is 5x as much without the condensers lol