I've been reading alot about BHO on here, please critique my what I think I learned!

Having a second pre distilled tank that you can transfill from can definitely make things more convenient. Or you could just go with a larger volume tank. You don’t need to send the entire tank every time.

yes i could use a big tank but Im wierd and then Ill get to thinking i have a drug lab as if i dont. I got tubes from 6 to 1 inch and all kinda hoses and tanks and shit. this is a deep hole to take care of my trim, I used to just use a bubble bag and thats coming back around.

1 Like

I’ll send you the same DM I sent the OP going more in depth with the N2 push. Should help give you a better understanding.

1 Like

The same metal on metal wears out far quicker.

I use a handful of 1.5 single pins, but I’ll never not tell people about steel on steel galling and failing far sooner than a high pressure clamp

They’re sucky but convenient.

1 Like

I’ve heard of people keeping their collection cold, and doing the run, and using n2 to push, and still keeping it cold until the run is done and the n2 is off gassed, then heating it up for recovery
Sorry if that did it make sense…
And I can’t remember who was asking, but …
Closing off the ball valve, adding n2 to the column, and opening the ball valve until the solvent comes out and when it sputters, close it again, and do this a few times so you get out a lot more solvent!

3 Likes

My current system. I’m doing a run today. I have quick disconnects on shut-offs for the jackets. Will post a pic of the run later on.

1 Like

I have to hold off on the run. I got a clamp that’s just not cooperating and I gotta replace it. My system isn’t holding vac or pressure. … Looks like I got dry ice today for nothing and I’m kinda pissed

A whole clamp? Or just a gasket…

If I don’t cool my collection I have tons residual butane left in places that the cold collection pulls in through, for some reason nitrogen vapors won’t push it all esp in big system…but in big system w mounted collection u can’t cool it without chiller which is almost wasteful spending of $

I think it’s the whole clamp because the gasket is new… I’ll replace the gasket and pressure test again tonight and if there’s any dry ice left over and if it doesn’t snow too much tonight I’ll do a run tomorrow.

Shit, I would do it right now while your ice is fresh…

1 Like

Did you try pounding the clamp in place? Use a rubber mallet or (god forbid) another clamp.

Have you checked all NPT ports for tightness?

Any valves open? Maybe a bad valve?

Usually if you listen you can hear where the leak is at

3 Likes

Have u checked to make sure u don’t have 2 different brands mixed together bc that will do it for sure…like and hfs half and killa half don’t work right I feel

1 Like

I’ll try again in an hour lol.

Why stop at all…

Keep working until you fix it. (Or realize all attempts have failed and you can’t fix it with tools/materials on hand)

5 Likes

Oh dude mines all hodgepodged. A mix of glacier tanks, Hfs, killa, bvv, indofab solutions, one legit swagelok part, a few China parts and a few unbranded parts.

:octopus:

1 Like

Cause my girlfriend is making sweet potato fries :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I’m hungry.

1 Like

mine is parts from all over, works great. Also partially why I love triclamp…

Can you imagine having to order everything from one place? Fuck that…

2 Likes

Omg like imagine having to buy someone’s “proprietary clamps” because they have specific grooves somewhere or it’s welded differently that attaches to the triclamp that’s also proprietary and custom welded to a degree of a slight difference, such an insignificant difference and they could up charge by 250$ for that insignificant difference.

That’d suck so much. I’m happy triclamp is extremely universal.

3 Likes

I have clamps that have a different shape knotch on the side that holds the bolt like the holes where drilled at different spot idk…for some reason they don’t fit together the same…but idk might be my mind

1 Like