SPD on 5l problem with vac?

soon all the pumps , glassware and medias needed in EU will be provided…

1 Like

So i’ve got me hands on to Edwards 30 vacuum pump and vacuum gauge.

Is that one going to be ok?

Also got the glass joint lube.

Is vacuum controler or something to bleed the vacuum a MUST or can i do it without it?

Can’t comment on your vac gauge b.c. I haven’t used that particular one before. But I can say that a vacuum controller is a nice tool to have but not 100% needed.

If your pulling too hard of a vacuum at first just create a leak some where at your gl fittings and just keep your hand there until the material is ready to be out under full vac and then tighten it back down

Alternatively u can throw a ball valve on your vacuum and get some semblance of control there as well. Doesn’t work great but it’s a cheap trick

2 Likes

invest in the svg-1 summit gauge. keep your edward gauge near the pump and add this one after receiving flask or before CT.

1 Like

yes you should always have a bleeding valve

hey man hope you got your problem fixed.

im currently having trouble troubleshooting my spd 2 liter China model.

my ethanol extraction smoked and neither terps nor cannabinoids distilled.

Was searching online for ages and came across a possible vacuum leek.

Found in some other thread this

My 2 l model has got the same cap, in the listed tread they speak about replacing it as it is often the source of leeking air.

I also consider the vacuum pump to be an issue. Has got anybody an opinion about it?

these are the working results

As well i dont have the electric gauge.

any help id appreciated, peace

edit: i have figuered that the pump should have around 6cfm (170 liter/minute x 0,0353147 cfm)

You are going to have a hell of a time finding leaks or even knowing if you have leaks without a digital vacuum gauge. That would be my first purchase if i was you, and ditching that themoprobe setup and going to a thermowell style temp probe set up.

3 Likes

thanks for the post. will order the thermowell, good remark!

About the gauge,

yea i read up some stuff and found models like the svg-1 gauge, they are like 850 dollars, you guys have any idea how to put hands on a cheaper one? living on the canary archipelago atm. maybe even anyone has one for sale laying around?

any idea about the pump? is the calculation for 6 cfm right? read somewhere for 2 l spd between 6 and 8 cfm is good.

putting together bits and peaces.

libertad y saludos

A digivac bullseye is cheaper

You can put a stopper in the thermowell port and put the thermoprobe between the flask and mantle

1 Like

Ok so this is a hvac vacuum gauge by mastercool they are cheap and reasonably accurate get it below 100 micron and your good to go
These I use for they are light and do not Put much strain on the glass

6 cfm is on the low side but should work
But you REALY need a digital gauge
Temperature on the mantel and go
The vacuum depth governs the distillation temp and it will come either way but without vacuum readings your flying blind

Hi to all and thanks for putting up thoughts to make this extraction work.

We actually did measure the temperature at the mantel as well as inside. The mantle had (i hope to remember rightly) around 270 degrees C, the crude we went to 145 ish with lot of smoke but no destillation :frowning:

Regarding the suggestions, we are going to buy one of the suggested brands of gauges.

As soon as all things have been bought and mounted i will return back to this amazing forum.

Yesterday i told my collegue who was in doubt about the way of making the spd work how lucky we were to find this forum and how a large number of the members consist of most likely the best and experienced in their field of thc extraction! Super cool guys, much appreciated! You are the future!

2 Likes

I love this baby right here.

2 Likes

If y’all got no money and wanna know how much you suck…

And

6 Likes

MASTERCOOL (98061 Blue Digital Vacuum Gauge with Blow Molded Case https://a.co/d/fqGmo7V

1 Like