"something I made" thread

Yeah there about to end all that stuff here so make hay while the sun is shining. Will do the other place i was gonna order one from had been out of stock forever so itll just have to be pieced together from a few places.

1 Like

yeah, a lot of prints need some post processing. Going really slow and having your printer dialed in reduces the amount needed

2 Likes

my sig is from grayguns and the reset is ridiculous. My ffl was drooling all over it when i picked it up. w german, barsto barrel and it was the gunsmiths gun so its perfect. Its also an ex cop gun, in a previous life it had a simuniton barrel and teh gunsmith bought a bunch from an agency and this one was unused so became his.

1 Like

Simunition hurts.

Same, I built mine a long time ago and never thought about it again because it was so much more comfortable than oem lowers. My biggest complaint is that they don’t do a gen5 style with an ambi mag release. I’m a lefty and the stendo release that comes with most lower finishing kits jabs me in my sensitive baby hands.

1 Like

I wouldnt trust a hollywood actor with it.

1 Like

That gun may have had a Remington moment. Maybe nobody pulled the trigger yet it went off?

1 Like

hes dumb, he pulled the hammer on a single action while he was holding the trigger.

2 Likes

im a bit uncomfortable with sigs decocking mechanism. I just point it in a safer direction but it will sux if i shoot a hole in the hardwood floor. I leave i ready to go but sometimes need to decock it

get a bucket of sand

i dont need it, I use common sense and dont play around with guns in the house. If friends are visiting I may show a gun and then need to decock. Im still trying to get my wooks brothers ruger alaskan. I think they are felons so now its their moms gun but she needs to trade it to me for weed. She cant shoot a .454 and her kids shouldnt either so just sell it to me. It fun to shoot at the range= its like a cannon. and you arent allowed to shoot it because it will go through the backstop, but a wink nod from the range guys and they love watching and listening too.
I have a knife i “made” kinda. its a spyderco m4 steel mule and i made the handle out of micarta with a fancy ferrule. Like this but I made it nice- Spyderco SPY 27 Mule Team 28 With Bolteron Sheath and G10 Contoured Scales - YouTube

The last few days of installing geothermal systems i made this ornament. Goes back 5 years ago pree cannabis extraction

bury it near the most likely component to ever fail and the next guy will get a laugh.

2 Likes

I left it in the middle of the yard but at the very back where nobody was likely gonna grab it. Figured the odd person would notice and get a laugh.

you may scare them, it looks like a bad luck idol from brady bunch reminds me of something from thinner thats bad luck too.

1 Like

Yeah they have really nice triggers right outta the box.

I’ll bite. I’m always tinkering with something, and those somethings vary a whole lot.

Here’s a couple of freestyle drones I’ve built recently

And a table I built for a friend

24 Likes

What kinda transformer.do you use for the lichtenberg figures? Nice work!

2 Likes

Hey thanks, normally I use an old oil filled 15k neon sign transformer, with a variable ac transformer to modulate output. The NST is enclosed with shielded hv connectors and double insulated probe wire for the leads.

5 Likes

Nice table, you make those to sell?

2 Likes