"something I made" thread

Felt like there should be a place to dump projects we’ve got going that aren’t thread-worthy

This is a uni pro cart battery I’m recasing, still needs some more sanding/polishing

25 Likes

Very cool. Will the light only work when the batt knows there’s a cart? Or does it light every time you push the button?

Great idea for a thread. Ima make a coffee and see what I’ve got kicking around…

5 Likes

Just on button pushes

1 Like

Isn’t there a thread for that? :rofl:

Breaking Bad Coffee Maker

I’ve made coffee in all sorts of strange manner…addiction is a strong motivator :shushing_face:

4 Likes

So basically this is my rosin press, there’s nothing amazing about the press itself but I was able to snag a broken hydraulic pump and hook it to an RV battery. I charge it maybe once or twice a year. Works amazing

This is my EVH bass I painted. He died the next week. I don’t think Eddie liked it…

My girlfriend has recently started making nice seasonal home-y crafts and i’m super proud of her so I added that just cuz it’s my post and not yours NYAH NYAH.

Dronseseses - The left one was my first one - sort of a more chill drone, no evasive setups or anything - the right one is more built with high wind and hazardous conditions in mind. It can withstand a good 30-40mph whereas the left one would just get fucked to all hell

This essentially was a low budget trolmaster that was running on an RPI I made 4 years ago (which would hook from a few leads off of the breadboard and a couple from the relay). It would send a small charge in the moisture sensor to check the content therein - the normal settings sucked so I tweaked them so it would only try to read it once an hour as the extra juice would make the leads corrode to shit.

I’ve got way more projects kicking around the house - I just need to look for them a bit. I prefer building my own shit custom-tailored to what I need. I’m not sure if i’m smart or just cheap.

Non-go fast parts I’ve been making for my car. Still working on making custom grilles for it

If I could keep my focus and do blow at the same time I’d be a motherfucking mad scientist…

29 Likes

Got any more pictures of the cylinder hooked up to the press?

Edit: just saw that it was off to the side, didn’t realize it was the grey box. That’s neat

1 Like

Thanks! To be totally honest i’d rather one of the manual-pump hydraulic presses at this point but I’m just waiting for a good chance to trade it out since most people don’t try to step up to the big boy like that one.

Best part though…

TWO CHICKS AT ONCE.

ER…TWO PRESSES AT ONCE.

2 Likes

Man, I wanna post p80 pics lol

Must refrain…

6 Likes

I wish they’d stop asking about weed on the atf forms. I haven’t owned a gun in many years

I would like to eventually build one of these Mac kits, thinking about grabbing a parts kit to sit on

16 Likes

This is a cool thread I can get behind!! Here is a gas scrubbing column I made for my R&D reactor; it works damn well; still waiting on a few parts for it!

36 Likes

Grab a couple, you’ll be glad you did.

3 Likes

This is the one to neutralize hcl you posted on ig before? Your work is always slick

3 Likes

This is the type of shit I wish I was capable of, holy hell!

4 Likes

Badass column! I’m stoked to see them being put back into service!

2 Likes

thanks for the kind words! Yes this column was made specifically for scrubbing hydrogen chloride out of my exhaust gasses; works damn well!

9 Likes

The beginnings of last summer’s katamayak. I bolted the plywood to the 2x2s and strapped them to the kayaks. It all fits in a ford ranger. We took a cooler and a rottweiler without problems. The next step that I didnt get to was a trolling motor.

21 Likes

I enjoy a nice sonicated brew from time to time.

4 Likes

May not be as cool as others, but I made an aluminum counter top, bottle caps and then filled with a two part resin. I know I have a finished shot somewhere and one with the POW/MIA and an American Flag.

22 Likes

Sick! I have a friend with all heads up pennies on (in?) his kitchen floor, it’s awesome

4 Likes