"something I made" thread

Drill mounted trimming brush, practicing on old hemp. The next model will have more brushes.

9 Likes

I made seeds. This is Apples and Bananas x a Gorilla Nut (PBB x Gorilla Butter) dad.

27 Likes

just deconstruct a $20 harborfreight Temp gun and put it in a new housing. wire an on/off switch instead of the trigger pull to close the circuit.

3 Likes

That’s a thermometer and not a thermocouple, also the sensitivity on HF heat guns won’t even read a cold temp dab.

I don’t live in the trailer park and I sure as shit don’t dab like it. Klein tools dual beam temp gun.

11 Likes

seems to temp just fine when I use it.

is there a reason you want to go with a thermocouple instead of IR like the dab rite?

just trying to build something more accurate?

https://www.harborfreight.com/121-infrared-laser-thermometer-63985.html

3 Likes

Pretty much, thermocouples are what’s used for more extreme temperature readings and I have to Tim The Tool Man Taylor the shit out of pretty much everything I use, haha. That’s even an infared thermocouple though, so it seems like it’d be the best option to mount under that bad boy - it needs the hat board though to make sense of the info it’s providing it though which is the only pain in the ass

2 Likes

And the next thing you test it on will have less trichomes. Can’t say I support the idea of breaking off all the trichs just to save a few minutes on trimming. One generally has to over-dessicate the flower in order for that method to be effective, which is another reason I’d love to convince you to not hurt more cannabis with this method. Haha.

6 Likes

Exactly what @Akoyeh said

2 Likes

I do like my weed dry. Blade machines have to wet trim, which also presents its own set of less than ideal circumstances. I am going to ditch the drill and use a fan motor on a dimmer switch, which will be more gentle.

1 Like

Buy a trim bag, they will do the same and give you nice muscles. If you want to get crazy put a trim bag in a drier on no heat for a few. Thats free labor. I have never done this but just thought of it. I might have to fine tune the idea.

1 Like

if you are bieng that harsh on the buds then just chuck the stems in a drill and spin it and bump it. No wonder grade A is in demand. I used to get QUADRUPLE A weed and it was m39 beasters?

Weird flex, Thumper. Sounds like a subjective rating system.

5 Likes

Nah, it was AA weed and he was seeing double…

8 Likes

So since @MagisterChemist posted the membrane thread, I knew I had to build one. Been researching membranes for a year but really didn’t understand how a skid went together (still don’t!). After reading that thread over and over and over, I set out to build a skid. I wanted a minimum viable/cheapest possible without sacrificing safety. Here is what I have so far. It’ll still be a bit before I am able to pressure test everything but it has been slowly coming along. Will definitely post more details when I get it up and running as well as my findings of working with membranes. Many thanks to all who participated in that thread as well as the other threads referencing membranes. I know she ain’t a looker, but I’m hoping to be able to get some real world data with it!

25 Likes

Just needed a spot to sit…

23 Likes

it was shwag beasters thats why i grow now. It was my ex dealer making up names that made zero sense. In the current market its grade d weed. im not sure but is a d still passing in school?

Update on my 3D printed cannasters. Wouldn’t mind seeing these used by more people so I can work up to having them mass manufactured … wink wink

1 Like

Also in development of an IoT device to help growers grow better. Would love feedback and signups from people willing to help make it better.

2 Likes

I’ve never had the complaint that my plants were growing too fast.

6 Likes

im bad at pics but ive made things ill try and post. 3 guess as to what ive made that i wanna post…