Solventless -> insert solvent of choice-> Extraction

I’m sure someone out there has tried this on a small scale. Since starting extracting using supercritical CO2 a few years ago, I had always wanted to stuff a sock with quality kief (dry sift, dry ice extract, bubble hash, etc.) using a very small mic bag. Proceed to put it in the material column, and let it rip.
Since moving onto hydrocarbon’s, the same thought has crossed my mind. Basically, every lab in MA/New England area (ME being the biggest exception) is handed the bottom of the barrel trim due to selling quality flower to make the investors a faster ROI. So, basically, the majority of us in MA are polishing a turd via CRC and other post-processing techs. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Just curious if anyone has ever tried doing this, even on a small scale. I realize a lot of oil will get stuck on the sock, but that can be reclaimed and turned into disty later on. There must be someone on here who has attempted this…if so I’d be very appreciative of what the outcome of your oil was? I know a lot goes into this, like trichome color, etc. but if anyone has done this please post some info below. Thanks a bunch, fam!

1 Like

Never tried this but as someone who lives in Massachusetts, it’s good to know that they use bullshit material to extract. Kinda makes you wonder why it’s 70$-90$ a gr

4 Likes

Because the regs in mass basically made it so that the suites and investors have all the say, and don’t really listen to us (those who know the plant and science). They just care about their getting their ROI ASAP, and I can’t really blame them. I’ts not all total garbage…we get some nicely trimmed nug runs in…all the gnarly trim goes straight to disty. I’m just so tempted to stuff a stock with straight up trich heads, no crc, very short soak time and see what the results would be. I’d much rather just take that material and press it, but again, not my money, not my call…

3 Likes

The prices are redic. I still find better quality everything at a much cheaper price via black market or hit up a disp. in ME where the fire has been, and still is, and at much affordable prices.

3 Likes

Running straight kief is gonna clog.

You need to mix it with something else that wouldn’t turn into a sludge.

1 Like

Don’t move to PA

2 Likes

If you believe that, I’ve got a bridge to sell you (you need to cross to get where you’re going)…

http://future4200.com/search?q=extract+kief

5 Likes

IMHO your best best with dry sift, bubble hash or dry ice-made sift is to just get a rosin press of some sort. I’ve ran dry sift with Etoh and it’s a fucking pita mess!!! I ran dry sift with butane as well and interestingly enough the 2 times i did, one came out bleach blonde like almost like it went thru a crc and the other time came out dark green.

2 Likes

I like to mix kief w trim, comes out perfect but always a lil red. some crc powders to fix all that

1 Like

Sooo, wanna buy that bridge?

(many more nuggets like those above…)

2 Likes

Not the sock, it will channel, after it clogs, try to disperse that kief with an “inert” thing, like perhaps SS wool? Like @StoneD said, trim works well. Use the trim ur making ur kief from :wink:

2 Likes

I mean, there’s not really much point.

Most solvent based extraction setups run 90+% efficient in cannabanoid removal. Adding mechanical separation into your process seems unnecessary.

Probably not worth buying per mg of thc either, unless it’s somehow coming to you super cheaply.

3 Likes

I tie the plant to my dogs tail and shoot off fireworks/ When she comes back 2 days later the plant never has trichomes. 100 percent extraction.

3 Likes

black market is full of pesticides and crap unless you know where its coming from. t also has dog hair.

1 Like

Or cat hair :sweat_smile: no but seriously there’s good weed on the streets. Though I’ve sworn I’ve smoked weed that had disty sprayed on it and that was odd. That made me feel like they needed to make the money but didn’t care about what they were doing.

1 Like

There are labs in MA that do just that and send it to retail whereupon the menu you’ll find the exact description you provided. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I haven’t found a place doing sprayed flower. Ik almost everywhere is doing moonrocks for like 80$/gr. Effin bs, lmfao on a side note how do you get a job at a lab :sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

1 Like

When I made bubble i really didnt like it. I remember having it at times and being desperate for weed, Bho is stronger than weed and more flavorful than bubble, id be fine with only bho for a bit, I like flower though.

1 Like

100% true. I’ve had clogging issues when trying to do this before.

pick a solvent. it’s been done. and probably documented here.

1 Like