Loading Kief into a SCFCO2 extractor vessel

Can anyone provide feedback on results seen from loading kief into a supercritical CO2 system? I know you need to pack the kief between some trim to avoid system clogging.

1 Like

Both the equipment manufacturers I talked to about it said it didn’t make sense from an efficiency stand point.

Loading more cannabinoids in the tube simply means longer run times to grab them all.

Adding “fluff” to prevent clogging would seem unnecessary given the nature of the solvent.

There is some info here on the subject, but my first query did not hit, and I’ve just paraphrased most of it…

1 Like

Thank you appreciate the insight have been wondering how the run would turn out.

1 Like

It may not help much with efficiency but I’ve seen it help markedly with quality.
The first tasty CO2 extract I ever consumed came from a producer that did only kief runs for one of their product lines.
I can’t speak to the logistics of column packing and machine setup to prevent clogs and whatnot, but can vouch for it being worth exploration if it’s quality you’re after; especially if you’re working with otherwise low potency biomass.

3 Likes

do it

1 Like