Smoke Damage and Extraction

What can we expect from the plague of wildfires this year. Will we be seeing these oxides in measurable amounts in concentrates? Can any of them be removed? Is this a health concern? Will it be on olcc or any states radar? :pray::pensive:

7 Likes

Extensive water washing would be where I would start first.

6 Likes

Gave my girls a wash when I got up this morning, didnā€™t look like Iā€™d accomplished a whole lot in the way of ash/debris removal when I checkEd this evening.

Maybe bubble hash is gonna make a come back this year?

see: Any Old School hash masters out there?

7 Likes

I meant water washing the concentrate. But making bubble hash might indeed help clean the bulk of it off.

5 Likes

Campfire smell is vaporized oil from tree sap/oils

I see separating this oil from cannabis being a challenge.

6 Likes

Iā€™m afraid distillation is going to be the only viable option for most of it

6 Likes

Water washing wont remove phoscheck

Ill make ppl a bet that this will be the year of d10 because of all these fires here in CA

9 Likes

If I was a farmer I would be out there every day with a air compressor blowing that shit off. Then come harvest every branch gets dunked in a tot of water and washed for 30 seconds before being hung to dry. I only see this being a problem for lazy farmers

2 Likes

I said this on a different platform and people got mad at me lol

4 Likes

gonna be a lot of CRC smokehouse OG :joy:

14 Likes

Campfire haze

8 Likes

I would use an air compressor. Adding water to ash could potentially create a dangerously alkaline solution, and burn your plants.

3 Likes

their will be a ton of crc product this year, but most people crc now anyways so not a big change in anything. If you do crc properly you will be able to clean up all the product very well. also their will be a bunch of disty fasho fasho.

4 Likes

We have a new zeolite media coming into the store out of Oregon thatā€™s already been tested to successfully remove smoke taste/smell:
-NO prep, washing, baking, etc.
-IMPOSSIBLE to clog, VERY HIGH flow rate
-Save $9/lb just on flow rate alone
-Safe to handle silica (no ā€œfree silicaā€, FDA certified)|
-Product is a proprietary blend of silica/alumina matrix, does not pull heavy metal or pesticides, only color (bentonite clay category aka ā€œzeolitic earthā€)
-WILL REMEDIATE WILDFIRE SMOKE (already tested)

Message me for pricing (may have samples available as well, no promises yet)

1 Like

Different from Oil-Dri RVM?

1 Like

Is this the same media as @ThatMidasTouch

2 Likes

Definitely sounds a lot like my stuff.

Here is a link to the free sample:

https://www.lunatechequipment.com/extraction-equipment

Here is a link to the store:

Dont forget to use my OREGONWEEDGUY15 coupon code for 15% off. And thats reuseable!

Is your stuff different than Oil-Dri RVM?

2 Likes

Just fyi, I am averaging over one hour per big plant to cut, trim fan leaves, wash and hang. I canā€™t imagine trying to harvest acres this way.

2 Likes

Opaline Smoke Begone!

Sounds like R&D time :heart_eyes:

Iā€™ve got the magic dirt, but nowhere to play with hydrocarbons at the moment. Hit me up in DM if youā€™re in Eugene and want to explore this.

5 Likes