Shenzhen Dapeng Customs seized 1.15 million infringing electronic cigarette vaporizers, valued at more than 20 million RMB

@AVID Thank you for clarifying the relationship between AVID and AVD. I for one have always maintained there is absolutely nothing wrong with using contract manufacturing or even white labeling products. We do this all the time across dozen of categories of products. We act as national master distributor for a handful of products that are licensed to us exclusivily.

While experience matters…running and managing a business is a different beast.

The products we white label we let that be pretty much well known it is a white label product that we are pushing using one our own brands. I don’t or many people I know also don’t go around claiming we are producing these products in our own factories.

@qma produces a product that many of my customers absolutely love. He too has experience. I sell hundreds of thousands of cartridges to people every month however I am not a smoker but I know what’s moving and what tools are being utilized by my customers.

If someone wants to take my constructive comments about the overall cartridge distribution channels out of context and have a useless back and forth it reflects poorly on them. In this case…it could be far worse if I went back and simply start quoting your distributor. In your post alone you have reaffirmed everything I believed in or had said before it was termed “hate”.

However to set the record straight. I am happy that AVID is perhaps working on a brand that is going to be mass distributed and is perhaps a bit more affordable. It remains to be seen if it is going to benefit this community or the small producers. That is something I had been recommending before I was told somehow fairytale stories mattered more than the actual products.

LOL maybe what you need is a new master distributor who has actual experience in “distribution” and you can use growers’ experience for R&D purposes. (Now this is slightly throwing shade…I do apologize if I hurt someone feelings)

10 Likes

Maybe come up with an product that isn’t so easy to copy. If someone pop up on a month and sell your product for the half the price at the same quality then maybe your business strategy was shitty to start with. If it’s that’s easy to copy then it’s not really a very original idea now is it? Abusing copyright and patent laws is just corporate bullying.

In my experience, good products are hard to copy.

6 Likes

I’ve only ever done trademark c&d over brand name regional likely confusion. I’ve copied and been copied. If your going to copy, be ready to get smacked up.

1 Like

Makes sense

1 Like

LOL. Will pass it along…

actually not, a lot of people ,even many Chinese do not have a through understanding on Chinese patents,Chinese patents are divided into three types

patent for appearance (外观专利)
patent for utility model (实用新型专利)
patent for invention (发明专利)

People think Chinese patents are super easy because they mixed the first two types with the third type.

the patent for apperance and utility are exactly super easy , take the appearance patent for example , just send six sketch-up from different angles and you will have a very high chance to get the patent if your sketch up is not 100% same with those filled ones,or you can use some trick, you list your product in a different category and send the sketchup. say, list your cartridge into a medical device and send your sketch up, you can easily get a appearance patent

Most vape companies are just applying the appearance patent which is super easy and of course easily revoked if challenged.

While the invention patent is way more difficult which you must claim you invent something , not just adding some new function or improve something

10 Likes

If someone would be so kind as to summarize me
who is copying who would be very grateful.
On the other hand, I have 2 markets … A + class customers looking for good quality and expensive cartridges which I always use CCELL
And now I would like to reach the other market of customers B +, B-, they are looking for only low prices ( is there I am looking for the most economical cartridges and of a good quality ) if someone helps me with some brands and models for delta 8 desitting and delta 9 would appreciate it. I hope that everyone carries things in peace and we can all continue working hand in hand. Cheers

3 Likes

IMO none of us can draw a conclusion who is copying who before both parties disclose more details.
While the acknowledged timeline is smoore launched the first cermic heating technology and ccell brand in 2016,below is CCELL’s issued patent

@Distributionly is a CCELL distributor,you may reach him for authentic CCELL products

AVD start their cartridge in 2018,and they did really really great job in such a short term,they win the market and reputation by their reliable quality. They are popular and really successful in North America,while I have to say many Chinese ,even in vape industry ,do not know AVD.Of course it’s partly because they only focus on cannabis vape products and they do not market in China. I bet AVD also filled some patents but failed to find on their website.

3 Likes

maybe you can try our carts

3 Likes

But As far as we known, The transpring, Buddy and Itsuwa adpoting this kind of ceramic technology for CBD earlier than Ccell company, they started to release the ceramic coil for CBD in 2016, which is innovative and totally different compared to vaporesso ceramic coil(for ejuice), but none of them applying for the PCT patents and brand marketing, Ccell is much late to engage in the CBD market, that is why they appled for the patent in July 2017, but all we known, there were many products popular at that time, like the AC1003, V5, V10 etc., and finally the CCell is winner, in the meantime, they use brand marketing with patent strategy, so most people think the ceramic coil for CBD is created by Ccell company, that is not true. the ceramic coil for CBD shouldn’t be owned by Ccell company.

2 Likes

Here is the patent detail for Ccell:
USD823534S1.pdf (156.2 KB)
USD829982S1.pdf (275.8 KB)
USD846796S1.pdf (190.8 KB)
USD853635S1.pdf (198.1 KB)
USD879708S1.pdf (112.1 KB)
We checked with the our Patent agent, all of our Boshang products are original and don’t have any disputes of intellectual property with Smoore.

3 Likes

Where can I find bottom silicone pieces for AVD/CCELL cartridges?

I need a few hundred. Dm me asap please

2 Likes

On the topic of patents, any cartridge that is a using a press-on locking system is most likely infringing on this patent by Buddy.

US9999254.pdf (464.5 KB)

1027Patent Infringement Analysis Report 侵权分析–Buddy-Final.pdf (1.2 MB)

7 Likes

Hi mgucci,

We can help you with this and let me introduce our factory:

We are management from the factories (Vaplax & Niaxing) that manufactured for the AVD brand since 2018. We recently left because the AVD management team left to work with a new factory and there was too much drama around the factories that are being sued by Smoore for patent infringement.

We started our own factory using the same SOP’s created by AVD and suppliers. The only difference is that we sell factory direct. We only produce their version of the “Eazy Press” that is known as their C3 with prices as low as $1.10 FOB.

Email us at: yuding.factory@gmail.com for inquiries.

1 Like

Vape pirates will swoggle yer booty!

5 Likes

1 Like

Buddy’s Locking Patent on Cannabis Oil Vape Cartridges

4 Likes

In my opinion, the Customs seized the vape carts due to its suspected infringing.

It is reported that the types of intellectual property rights involved in the goods detained by the customs include trademark exclusive rights, patent rights, copyrights, and copyright-related rights. Among them, goods involving infringement of trademark exclusive rights accounted for 98.48% of the total suspected infringement, involving patent protection. The case value of goods showed a continuous growth trend, with a year-on-year increase of 41.2%.

Here is Buddy’s Locking Patent on Cannabis Oil Vape Cartridges.

Buddy’s Locking Patent on Cannabis Oil Vape Cartridges

5 Likes

Many previous lawsuits reconciled(due to I have used something from you, you used something from me), I really wanted to know how this one is going to end.

1 Like

Nearly two years ago, we mentioned of a potential patent infringement concern regarding a vape cartridge and capping design owned by Shenzhen Buddy.

Our comments were most overlooked and overshadowed by the seizure of products from AVD that would be the precursor to the major ITC complaint that CCELL would bring.

We also, at that time, questioned the validity of CCELL’s (Smoore) complaint and predicted they would have a difficult time winning. This all has become true.

What’s next? The Buddy patent is about to become real interesting and their patent is strong and likely enforceable in both China and North America.

AVEO has taken necessary steps to avoid the coming drama and is the first brand to proactively secure licensing rights to this valuable patent that allows them to continue producing and selling their Easy Press (low torque press on) Cartridges without business interruption or risk of seizures and future litigation.

—-

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

AVEO Secures Licensing Rights for Crucial Atomizer and Mouthpiece Design Patent

[New York, August 25, 2023] - AVEO, a leading manufacturer and supplier in the industry, is pleased to announce its recent acquisition of licensing rights for US Patent No. 9999254 B2. This patent, published on June 19, 2018, pertains to an atomizer and mouthpiece design, specifically describing the locking Easy Press or locking Press On capping style commonly used by many cartridges.

The decision to secure licensing rights for this patent comes after a recent patent infringement complaint filed by Smoore against several sellers. While Smoore eventually lost their complaint, it prompted AVEO to reevaluate its intellectual property (IP) strategy. Recognizing the significant impact potential patent issues could have on the business, clients, and partners, AVEO’s team of patent experts conducted a thorough review of existing patents to navigate clear of any patent crises.

“We believe that securing licensing rights for US Patent No. 9999254 B2 is a crucial investment for AVEO,” said Jonathan Carfield, Founder & CEO. “By doing so, we ensure the safety and security of our supply chains, enabling us to meet the ongoing demands of our clients and industry partners."

AVEO discovered that their previous factory had claimed to hold a patent for the same design. However, upon closer examination, AVEO realized that acquiring patents in China lacks comprehensive Freedom To Operate (FTO) analysis, making it relatively easy to invalidate a patent. Many Chinese factories believe that making minor changes can circumvent patents, but often fail to meet the novel criteria necessary to be effective and avoid existing patent claims.

After approaching the patent owner, who initially expressed disinterest in actively enforcing their intellectual property rights, AVEO was alerted to a change in stance in 2023. The patent owner has compiled a list of factories, brands, and sellers infringing upon their patent and has already succeeded in seizing inventory at China Customs, indicating that further enforcement actions are imminent.

As the first brand to secure licensing rights for US Patent No. 9999254 B2, AVEO is paving the way for their Easy Press Industrial and Easy Press Luminous Series of 510-thread cartridges. AVEO’s factory in China has also obtained licensing rights to avoid potential seizure during the export of AVEO branded goods.

To learn more about AVEO and their range of products and services, visit their website at www.aveo710.com.

To access more information about this crucial patent, follow this link: https://image-ppubs.uspto.gov/dirsearch-public/print/downloadPdf/9999254

About AVEO

AVEO is a leading manufacturer and supplier of vape devices designed exclusively for the legal cannabis industry, providing high-quality products and services to its clients and industry partners. With a focus on innovation and a commitment to intellectual property protection, AVEO is dedicated to meeting the demands of the market and ensuring the security of its supply chains. For more information, visit www.aveo710.com.

Media Relations

AVEO

Email: media@aveo710.com

1 Like