Shatter stability question?

What could be a reason my shatter isn’t snapping? At 14degrees c it’s perfect pull snap but as soon as it gets to around 18degrees it’s soup. I have done everything the same with this strain as I have done in the past that has worked and from what I’ve been reading is it could be a pesticide so I’m going to get some magisil and filter through that. If you guys have any ideas of other problems I should look at it would be much apprexiated.

2 Likes

my guess is terpene content???

5 Likes

I kind of had a thought it could be related to terpenes after I read a post about someone adding artificial terpenes and it effecting the stability. but I am a novice at this and don’t understand exactly how that works affects it. Could you explain?

Terps don t cristelize at room temp thca does
Terp dillute your oil making cristalization hardening at room temp tough

4 Likes

What would be the best way to try and remedy this? 100f in the vac oven to try boil off some terps?

1 Like

Cold → hot → cold → hot …

Tis my advice

8 Likes

I’ll give this a try. When I put it in the oven at 92 tons of tiny bubbles appeared then the temperature rose to 96 and it went crazy with bubbles

If I find that it is this material has high terpenes what would be my best course of action to extract less? I’m currently running a 70/30 blend of nbutane propane should I go straight n butane or maybe try iso butane

1 Like

Why do you need shatter

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve been asked to make.

New consumers are fickle, one day it’s shatter, another it’s crumble…sugar. I guess your best bet is to learn them all and have that in your play books.

7 Likes

That’s the plan. I’m reading up live resin because he wants me to try that next

3 Likes

how long did you purge in the oven?

1 Like

Four days at 85. Flip every 12hours

I had some sap get a lil better, by going up 100f for 3 more days

2 Likes

You dont want to dwell under heat for long periods of time. You should be able to make shatter in 48 hours

8 Likes

I left some in the oven overnight at 92 to see if I could get rid of some terps. I noticed if I let the pump run it reacts a lot

Then jar that liquid and walk away… There’s ur resin…if live it’s live resin

2 Likes

But I need to turn this product into shatter. I think my only option are to try and boil off some teepee without degrading to much of the product. Or even winterize it. And going forward switch to 100% n butane but I could be wrong so if anyone as any insight into those problem I’m all ears

1 Like

U said he wanted live resin next… He didn’t realize he meant now

Winterization should do it though for you, probably due to losing terps though